Breaking News
Home » Safe and Secure » Fire & Rescue

Fire & Rescue

Ramrod Road Fire Incident

Provided by Prince William Fire & Rescue On Friday, March 24th at 2:36 a. m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to a structure fire in a single family home located in the 11200 block of Ramrod Road in Woodbridge. Upon arrival, firefighters encountered the home fully involved in flames. As fire and rescue crews initiated defensive and rural water operations …

Read More »

City of Manassas Public Safety Recognized for Valor

Provided by City of Manassas At the Prince William Chamber of Commerce Valor Awards, 13 City of Manassas Police and Fire and Rescue personnel were recognized for Valor.  Master Detective Christopher Daniels was recognized with both the Investigative Merit Award and the Merit Award for Valor for two separate incidents.  In one incident, through the use of a DNA match, …

Read More »

Prince William Valor Award Recipients 2017

Provided by Prince William Chamber of Commerce From the Occoquan-Woodbridge-Lorton Volunteer Fire Department: Carlyle Smith On March 16, 2016 at about 3:00 in the morning, units from O-W-L, Dale City Volunteer Fire and Rescue, and the Prince William County Department of Fire and Rescue were dispatched to a three-story townhome fire. When they arrived, damage was already extending into the …

Read More »

Bluegrass Court Fire Incident

Provided by Prince William Fire & Rescue On Thursday, March 16th at 6:26 p.m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to a structure fire in a one story single-family home located in the 11900 block of Bluegrass Court in Nokesville. Upon arrival, fire and rescue crews observed smoke showing from the front of the home. As firefighters made entry, they …

Read More »

Braddock Road Fire Incident

Provided by Prince William Fire & Rescue On Wednesday, March 15th at 8:55 p. m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to a townhouse fire located in the 3400 block of Braddock Road in Woodbridge. Upon arrival, firefighters encountered heave fire in the basement that had extended to the second and third floor of the home. Firefighters initiated fire attack …

Read More »

NBC4 Anchor to Host Prince William Valor Awards

Provided by Prince William Chamber of Commerce On March 23 from 2:00-4:30 p. m., Aaron Gilchrist, Co-Anchor of News4 Today will join the members of the Prince William Chamber of Commerce and presenting sponsor Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center, for the 31st Annual Prince William Valor Awards. Open to the public with tickets priced at just $25 per person, the …

Read More »

Horner Road Fire

Provided by Occoquan Woodbridge Lorton VFD Occoquan-Woodbridge-Lorton Volunteer Department responded to the report of a house fire at 1723 Horner Road in Woodbridge. Initial units arrived on scene within minutes and reported fire showing the back of the house. Crews found fire from the basement to the attic and attacked the fire from both the side of the home and the basement. …

Read More »

Occoquan Woodbridge Lorton VFD responds to Single Family House Fire.

Provided by Occoquan Woodbridge Lorton VFD Occoquan-Woodbridge-Lorton Volunteer Department responded to the report of a house fire at 1416 Colchester Road in Woodbridge. Initial units arrived on scene within minutes and reported smoke showing from the attic. The fire was under control quickly with minimal damage. Fire & Rescue units from OWL VFD, Dale City VFD and PWC Department of Fire …

Read More »

Daylight Saving Time Begins: Change Your Clock, Change your Smoke Alarm Battery

Provided by Prince William Fire & Rescue Daylight Saving Time begins Sunday, March 12th. As you turn your clocks forward, Prince William County Department of Fire and Rescue Chief Kevin McGee would like to remind residents to change the battery in their smoke alarms. “When properly installed and maintained, working smoke alarms save lives and protect against injury and loss …

Read More »

University Boulevard Fire Incident

Provided by Prince William Fire & Rescue On Tuesday, March 7th at 4:52 p. m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to a reported fire in a commercial business in the 11000 block of University Boulevard in Manassas. Upon arrival, fire and rescue crews observed fire and heavy smoke in a storage/mechanical room in which the sprinkler system had activated. …

Read More »