The Prince William County Schools’ (PWCS) Administrative Recommendation is the proposed boundary plan drafted by the Office of Facilities Services in collaboration with PWCS leadership. The administrative recommendation on the boundary for the 12th high school has changed as a result of public meetings held last week and feedback via e-mail, telephone calls, and conversations. The new recommendation is based on factors noted below:
Administrative Recommendation – v1.1:
1. Battlefield High School’s attendance area is unaffected.
2. Communities of Nottingham Forest and Calvert Woods are reassigned from Forest Park High School to 12th High School.
3. East section of Lake Terrapin Estates is reassigned from Forest Park High School to 12th High School.
4. The Glen and Laurel Hills communities remain at Osbourn Park High School.
5. Black Forest Lane and Ridgewood Center Drive are reassigned to 12th High School.
6. Communities west of Lucasville Road and north of Prince William Pkwy (234) remain assigned to Brentsville High School.
7. Communities east of Lucasville Road and north of Prince William Pkwy (234) that are currently assigned to Brentsville High School are reassigned to Osbourn Park High School.
The proposed attendance area for the 12th High School is scheduled to be presented to the School Board on May 7, at 7 p.m. in the Kelly Leadership Center. A public hearing is scheduled to be held during the May 21st School Board meeting, which begins at 7 p.m. at the Kelly Leadership Center, prior to the School Board setting the high school attendance area boundaries that will be effective for the 2016-17 school year.
The new high school will serve some students from areas currently assigned to Hylton, Osbourn Park, Forest Park and Brentsville District High Schools, as well as others who sign up for specialty programs.
The new high school is scheduled to open in September 2016. A groundbreaking ceremony will be held May 15, at 9:30 a.m.
For more information, visit the PWCS 12th high school attendance area boundary website at http://facilitiesservices.departments.pwcs.edu/modules/cms/pages.phtml?sessionid=ad5a18916f001161b6c145af5d91f75e&pageid=311519.
Taken from a Prince William County Schools’ press release which is available at http://pwcs.edu/.