EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION DESCRIPTION
Leadership Prince William (LPW) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to finding, training, and growing leaders in Prince William County to support community engagement. Through its Signature Program, alumni outreach and ongoing leadership programs, Leadership Prince William enables and builds leaders who actively support their local community. Graduates become part of, and stay connected to, a rapidly growing number of alumni and community leaders.
The Executive Director of Leadership Prince William will lead the organization in achieving its mission of developing and connecting community leaders to enrich Prince William County. He/she will provide leadership for a committed and energetic staff and support our high profile Board. The Executive Director will provide primary leadership for the ongoing management of the organization to ensure excellence in the curriculum-based programs, strategic planning, Board development and day-by-day operations, which includes staff development, financial leadership, and office management. The Executive director must be a passionate, visionary leader who can clearly articulate the vision of the organization and inspire others to engage. Along with the LPW Board of Directors, the Executive Director will serve as the external face of LPW with the various constituency groups, including representatives from the government, nonprofit, and corporate sectors.
Grow, Lead and Manage Leadership Prince William’s Highly Committed and Knowledgeable Staff and Volunteers. The Executive Director will work in a collaborative team environment to hire, support and manage the LPW staff. He/she will maintain a professional work environment that fosters leadership, collegiality, and professional growth.
Manage the Day-to-Day Work of the Organization:
The Executive Director will be responsible for the operations of LPW, which includes the development of annual budgets, financial oversight, social media and communication activities and implementation of best practices, policies, and procedures. He/she will oversee development, production and coordination of all LPW marketing activities to insure public awareness, partnership opportunities and client referrals.
The Executive Director will work in partnership with LPW’s Board of Directors, Executive Board, committee chairs, and volunteers to design and implement strategic initiatives to further the mission of LPW. He/she must be adept at bringing a broad spectrum of individuals together to move the organization forward. He/she will work with the Nominating Committee to monitor Board and Committee composition to ensure membership diversity, functional experience, and representation from government, nonprofit, and corporate sectors. He/she will oversee yearly applicant recruiting plans, activities and final decisions for the Signature Class.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
- Bold, visionary, strategic leader with a strong commitment to Leadership Prince William’s mission of developing community leaders and strengthening Prince William County by providing a forum for leadership excellence
- Passionate, mission-driven individual with the ability to inspire others
- Senior-level experience with a demonstrated track record of success in profit or nonprofit management
- Experience in curriculum-based programs, training, or education
- Experience in marketing
- Proven ability to hire, develop, and motivate staff and volunteers
- Outstanding relationship-builder with a track record of leveraging relationships to achieve results
- Demonstrated success in fundraising, event production, business development, and corporate solicitations
- Effective decision-maker committed to achieving strategic goals
- Contagious enthusiasm, drive, and energy
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills
- Experience in donor cultivation
- Previous experience working with nonprofit boards
- Experience managing an organization with capabilities in operation, programs, and financial/budget management including day to office oversight
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree
PLEASE SEND INQUIRIES TO:
[email protected] Leadership Prince William Search Committee. Include a cover letter, resume and professional business references.