Good morning Prince William – Keep Prince William Beautiful needs 5 volunteers on Tuesday June 25th from 9am-noon to perform the annual litter survey. It’s a fun learning experience. Please call Anna at (571) 285-3772 to learn more.
- SERVE is still looking for a few volunteers to work the front desk in all 3 buildings weekdays with either the 9am-1pm shift or the 1-5pm shift. Come be the welcome face to greet visitors, field phone inquiries and process clients for assistance. Please email Jan at: [email protected] to learn more.
- Literacy Volunteers of America is gearing up for their next volunteer training on July 13th. No experience needed as you will learn all the skill needed at the trainings and ongoing support. Be a tutor and mentor to another adult in their journey to gain more reading skills. Please call them today at (703) 670-5702 to learn more.
- Independence Empowerment Center is hosting its annual ADA Fair on Saturday, July 13 at the Harris Pavilion from 10 am to 2 pm. Come out and celebrate the Americans with Disabilities Act and learn about assistive technology, service animals, and more. There is still room for vendors. Contact Amanda at 703-257-5400.
- Brain Injury Services is looking for a friendly visitor for a young lady in Manassas. She loves to do crafts and scrapbooking with her aide. This is a wonderful opportunity for a scout troop to do several times or weekly. Please call Michelle at (703) 451-8881 ext. 232 to learn more.
- The ACTS Employment Program is currently accepting applications for their Free Nurse Aide Training Class. You must live in PW County, have a high school diploma or GED, be low income- 30% of AMI and pass drug screen, TB test and background check. Classes start July 25th with evening and Saturday classes and are truly the step up for so many citizens. Please call Rachel at (703) 441-8606 ext. 208 to learn more.
- House of Mercy in Manassas needs Korean translators. One could work offsite translating text for flyers and pamphlets. The second position is to assist on site as interviewer and establishing relationships with elderly immigrants. Please email Ann at: [email protected] for more info
- Birmingham Green Nursing Home in Manassas needs a Korean speaking gentleman to be a friendly visitor to a resident who only speaks Korean. Come by for an hour or so each week to brighten this gentleman’s day. Please Call Zach at (703) 257-6252 to learn more.
- New Creatures in Christ Ministries Food Pantry in Woodbridge needs volunteers to help Tuesday evenings 5-7pm and Wednesdays and Saturdays from 10am-2pm. Teen volunteers are very welcome as they are gearing up for a busy summer supporting families from 2 elementary schools so the kids continue with healthy meals for the summer. Please call Josephine at (703) 409-3022 for more info.
- The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) needs senior volunteers age 55 and older to provide transportation for a veteran to get to their local doctor’s appt. All vets are referred to us by Aging and you’ll have lots of advance notice for their appts. Please call Coleen at (703) 369-5292 ext. 207 for more info.
- Fancy Cats Rescue Team needs volunteers for many positions as it is the kitten time of year. These include; adoption coordinators, caregivers, admin help, drivers, event planners and youth volunteers are very welcome. Please call (703) 961-1056 for more information or via email at: [email protected]
- BEACON Adult Literacy Program needs volunteers in the Manassas area to teach ESL, adult basic Ed, citizenship and conversation. Prior experience is not needed as the free training will give you all the skills needed to be successful. Volunteers may teach either mornings or evenings once or twice a week. Enjoy your summer and start in the fall. Please call Caroline at (703) 368-7491 to learn more.
If you are looking for other opportunities, please don’t forget to call my wonderful team at Volunteer Prince William. Coleen can help you with the Retired and Senior Volunteer (RSVP) opportunities at (703) 369-5292 ext. 207, Shelley can help with any individual or group project and send you weekly updates if you’d like. Shelley is at (703) 369-5292 ext. 201, and Bonnie can help you with opportunities available in Disaster Preparedness at (703) 369-5292 ext. 202. Please visit our newly re-vamped website at www.volunteerprincewilliam.org. Thanks so much for all you do in our community.