Contributed by the Workhouse Arts Center
Friday, November 29, 9am-7pm
This holiday season, ask yourself, what do you value?
Value creative, value community, value your loved ones. This Black Friday, find your value when you shop directly from the Artists at the Workhouse. With approximately 100 artists in 65 studios and nine galleries, you will discover unique gifts at your price point. Forget the crazy malls, discover the creativity in your community.
- Friday, November 29, 9am-7pm: Black Friday Holiday Celebration at the Workhouse Arts Center. Studio buildings and galleries will be open to the public and admission is always free.
- Artists at the Workhouse will be doing artist demonstrations throughout the day in ceramics, glass and a variety of other mediums.
- The Workhouse Prison Museum will be open all day, from 9am-7pm.
- Gingerbread House Making, presented by Metropolitan School of the Arts, will be happening in Building W-4. Cost will be $35 per child. Children 6 years or older may be dropped off for up to 2 hours, Children 5 and younger will require parent/guardian supervision.
- Farmers Market Vendors will be outside on the Workhouse Quad from 11am-5pm. Featuring Uncle Fred’s BBQ Smoke Shack, Kettle Corn Guy, Kylie’s Pop Shop.
- The Lorton Community Action Center (LCAC) will be presenting an awards ceremony at 2pm. They will be awarding the People’s Choice Award to one of the local sixth grade students who participated in the Home for Dinner exhibition.
- A Family Paper Snowflake Making Workshop with Studio Fiber Artists in Building W-6, Studio 605 will be held throughout the day.
- 100 Under 200 an exhibit by the 100 Artists at the Workhouse featuring work priced less than $200 will be in the McGuireWoods Gallery.
Brett Johnson, Director of Visual Arts
Last year, thousands of visitors found the excitement of leaving the shopping malls and finding the social and creative energy while shopping at the Workhouse. Everyone says, I can’t believe I have not visited sooner. This year, we hope to find even more new faces.
Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. Prince William Living Inc. and it’s staff make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact [email protected]