(Family Features) Holidays are a time for family, friends and delicious food. This year, delight your guests with an array of easy and tasty dips. Spicy Spinach & Artichoke Dip is always a crowd pleaser, combining three cheeses with vegetables and Tabasco Original Red Sauce for added flavor. Requiring minimal prep time, this recipe is a perfect appetizer for any party.
Here are a few tips and tricks to use when preparing any dip recipe:
- Make quick dips, like plain hummus or Greek yogurt with curry powder, and add a little spice with Tabasco Sauce.
- Prepare some dips a day or so in advance to save time on party day. Bean- and vegetable-based dips keep best overnight.
- For a healthier option, dip with veggies instead of chips. In addition to your favorite stand-bys, try sliced peppers, radishes or fruit, such as apples or melon.
For more recipes and tips, visit www.tabasco.com.
Spicy Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8-ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco Original Red Sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Toasted pita bread wedges
- 1 cup medium tomato, chopped, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in large saucepan or skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach, artichokes, cream cheese, sour cream, 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese, 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, Tabasco Original Red Sauce and salt. Stir until well blended and heated through.
- Pour mixture into 1 1/2-quart casserole dish and top with remaining 1/4 cup Monterey Jack and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Bake in oven until cheese starts to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with pita bread and garnish with tomatoes.
Makes: 4 cups