By Dr. Bradley Nelson
Dr. Nelson has lectured internationally on the natural healing of chronic illness and as a holistic chiropractic physician successfully treated patients from across the US and Canada for more than 20 years. Here are few of his practical and proven steps for people to experience holidays with more joy, less sadness and better physical and emotional health:
- The How To of Eating Less: Dr. Nelson discusses his own struggle with weight gain after suffering a traumatic injury, how he learned to eat less and the health benefits he has experienced. He discusses what triggers “emotional eating” that is a root cause of obesity, and explains recent research that showed why eating less is a key to longevity.
- What Not to Eat: Avoid foods with long lists of ingredients. “This applies in general not to just the holidays. Any food that has a label that has to explain to you what is in it is probably not something you want,” he explains. Dr. Nelson also reveals the additive in 9,000 foods that aggravates anxiety and stress.
- Move to Beat Depression & Stress: Dr. Nelson shares how exercise as simple as getting outside and walking is the natural, drug-free way to combat depression. He explains an often overlooked benefit – moving your body throughout the day burns away stress hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol that can otherwise linger in your system for up to 24 hours, damaging your immune system and organs.
“The secret reason exercise is so good for you is exercise burns those hormones out of the blood and prolongs your existence on the planet,” he says.
Dr. Nelson shares other practical ways to beat holiday depression, loneliness and stress, including:
- Drink Up! (water, not alcohol) Why staying hydrated is the key to avoiding excess eating and helps cleanse impurities from your body for better physical, emotional and mental health.
- List Your Blessings: “People suffering from depression tend to be focusing on the negative things in their lives rather than counting their blessings. One of the most important things you can do is to make a list every day of the things in your life that are actually good.”
- Baggage? Put it Up In Smoke!: Dr. Nelson shares a simple way to release unresolved negative emotions that are a root cause of depression: write a letter to the person who hurt you, then burn it; plus other methods from his bestselling book The Emotion Code.
Author and international lecturer in bio-energetic medicine and energy psychology, Dr. Brad has successfully used The Emotion Code with thousands of patients around the globe to relieve symptoms and often affect cures in conditions ranging from depression to cancer. His best-selling book, The Emotion Code, offers step-by-step instructions for working with the body’s own healing power. Learn more at http://www.DrBradleyNelson.com and http://TheEmotionCode.com.