Contributed by Workhouse Arts Center
Celebrating Valentine’s Day at the Workhouse Arts Center
With Valentine’s Day being less than a month away, it’s time to make your plans! Check out the Valentine’s Day themed activities happening at the Workhouse this year:
- Partner poses are a great way to learn more about how to communicate more effectively with your partner and have fun while improving your mind/body health. Couple’s Yoga will be offered on Saturday, February 15, 2-3pm. $20 per couple, no experience is necessary—both beginners and master yogis are invited to join. Please register online.
- Searching for something fun for the kids? The Workhouse is offering a Seasonal Camp for kids, ages 6-10 on Saturday, February 15, 9am-2pm. A Valentine’s Sweetheart will give kids the opportunity to learn how to bake sweet treats, draw and paint portraits, and participate in other Valentine’s Day activities. Tuition is $65 per child and includes the materials fee. Please register online.
- The very popular Cabaret Series at the Workhouse will be exploring the romantic section of the Broadway songbook with a tribute to Valentine’s Day. A Broadway Valentine will remind the audience that for characters on the musical theatre stage, love is never easy! Two performances: Saturday, February 1 at 8pm and Sunday, February 2 at 1pm. Please buy your tickets early online, as these performances regularly sell out.
- Date Night: Chef’s Table is a great way to make an evening something special to be remembered! Date Night is a casual cooking class with a professional chef, where participants will be working in pairs to create menu items. At the end of the class, the participants will be served a tasting portion and no one leaves hungry! Next Date Night will take place on Saturday, February 15. Tuition is $85 per person, which also includes a glass of wine and all materials fees. Please register online at least 2 days prior to event date.
- Get on the dance floor with your Valentine during our monthly Ballroom Social Dance. Each month features a short mini-lesson covering a specific style of dance at 7:30pm (February will be Swing) and then the dance floor is open from 8-10:30pm. $5 for the mini-lesson, $10 admission to the dance. Next dance will take place on Saturday, February 15. Complimentary refreshments and a cash bar are available during the event.
- Impress your date with your cultured side! Visit the Workhouse during our 2nd Saturday Art Walk on Saturday, February 8, 6-9pm. Tour the studios, meet the artists, enjoy refreshments and purchase original works of art from nearly 100 Artists at the Workhouse.
Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. Prince William Living Inc. and it’s staff make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact [email protected]