Contributed by the City of Manassas
City of Manassas, VA . . . On Monday, Jan. 27 Mayor Harry J. Parrish II delivered his State of the City address at theCity Council Meeting. Mayor Parrish spoke about accomplishments for 2013 in the City of Manassas and shared a State of the City video message<http://youtu.be/ea2KLCd2nXU> where the Mayor and City staff relayed some of the highlights of 2013.
After the video message, Mayor Parrish spoke about ongoing efforts for 2014 in the City of Manassas. Some of these include:
- 33 brand new townhomes under construction on Prescott Avenue, which will replace an older apartment complex. This is in addition to the 81 units at Gatherings at Wellington and the 59 units under construction in Old Town by Van Metre.
- The Police Department will expand its Community Services programs, including; RAD, Refuse to be aVictim, Teen Camp, Neighborhood Watch and Crime solvers. These programs help reduce crime and empower residents to be more involved.
- The Public Works & Utilities Department will have the Airport Electric substation under construction in 2014, and will have completed phase 1 of the waterline project to upgrade the City’s 24-inch water main to a 36-inch pipe from Lake Manassas to the City. Phase 2 of this project will also be underway in 2014.
- The bridge widening project and the relocation of taxiway kilo are two projects for the Airport in 2014. Expansion of the APP Jet Center hangar is also under way.
- The City will also issue bonds to carry out the Capital Improvement Projects put forth in the 5 year CIP last year. This includes the building of a new Baldwin Elementary School.
Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. Prince William Living Inc. and it’s staff make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact [email protected]