Crews continue clearing shoulders, turn lanes, neighborhoods
FAIRFAX─ Crews continue working today to clear snow, focusing on cleaning up intersections, shoulders, turn lanes and neighborhood streets with motor graders and small equipment.
What drivers should know:
• Be aware of crews working in roadways today with motor graders and other equipment.
• Be aware of ice and snow patches in the far right lane on commuter routes this morning.
• Be aware of piled snow blocking sight at intersections and turn lanes.
• Crews are working in the westbound I-66 right lane and shoulder outside of the Beltway to clear the X lanes. Crews will then move to the eastbound lanes after the a.m. rush hour.
• Crews will plow streets and sand hills, curves and intersections to provide traction. Roads will have an eight-to-ten foot path but will not be cleared curb-to-curb and not to bare pavement.
• Continue to park in driveways or on the odd-numbered side of the street for additional plow passes.
• When clearing driveways, leave the last few feet as the plow will push some snow back. Crews will do their best to push just enough for a path.
• Residents can enter their address at www.vdotplows.org to see the status of plowing in their neighborhood and watch trucks on plow routes.
• If roads have not had a plow pass by 6 p.m., please report missed streets online or to 1-800-367-ROAD (7623).
• Twitter: @vadotnova
• Real-time traffic info: 511 app, @511northernva and www.511virginia.org
• Report road problems: 1-800-FOR-ROAD (367-7623) or [email protected]
• More info on northern Virginia’s snow removal program