An announcement from your Board of Directors:
Your Prince William Chamber of Commerce relies on our members to help shape the course of the organization. Our Board of Directors–comprised of member volunteers–relies on your input as they implement the strategic plan and operations of the Chamber, making final policy and operational decisions. In this way, all members take an active role in directing the work of the Chamber.
Voting for the Prince William Chamber Board of Directors will take place in June; a ballot will be mailed to the main point of contact for each member organization on or before Friday, June 13, 2014. Incoming Chairman Debbie Bennett of Bennett, Atkinson & Associates, P.C. was elected last year.
The following individual has been nominated for a leadership position by the 2013/2014 Board of Directors:
- Chair-Elect Nominee: C.C. Bartholomew, Keller Williams Realty (Serves as Chair 2016-2017)
The following individuals have been nominated by the 2013/2014 Board of Directors for appointment to a 3-year term to begin on July 1, 2014:
- Patty Baisden, QMT Windchimes
- Roy Beckner, S.W. Rodgers Company, Inc.
- Annie Hunt Burriss, George Mason University, Prince William Campus
- Steve Clark, Old Hickory Golf Club
- Christian Deschauer, Transurban
- Bill Duvall, DuvallWheeler, CPAs
- Randy Frostick, Vanderpool, Frostick & Nishanian, P.C.
- Brian Gordon, Apartment and Office Building Association of Metropolitan Washington
- Sharon Henry, PWCS, Community & Business Engagement Office/SPARK
- Michael Hoover, TML – A Xerox Company
- William White, Apple Federal Credit Union
Candidate nominations by petition will also be accepted through Thursday, June 5, 2014. Please follow these procedures:
Additional candidates for Directors and Chair-Elect Nominee may be nominated by delivering a written notice of the nomination to the Chamber office by June 5, 2014 addressed to the attention of the Nominating Committee. Such notice shall include a written statement by each additional candidate(s) that he or she agrees to serve if elected. The signatures of twenty-five (25) Chamber Members other than the person or persons being nominated are required in order for the name of the nominees to be included on the ballot. Each signature must be accompanied by the signatory’s name in print, and indicate the member company that he/she represents.