Provided by Supervisor Ruth Anderson’s Office
Discover Prince William & Manassas is seeking Tourism Ambassadors for the 2017-2018 class. This is a great way to get more involved in the Prince William community, gain hands-on experience in the hospitality and tourism industry, make new connections and network, and make a positive impression on incoming visitors to our incredible destination.
As a Tourism Ambassador, you may assist in the following activities:
- Meet & Greet Guests at the Visitor Center in Occoquan or at our Main Office in Manassas
- Assist the CVB with event preparations and planning
- Act as a concierge at tourism friendly events such as concerts, festivals, sporting events, and parades
- Represent the CVB at attractions
- Stuffing goody bags for groups that visit Prince William County & Manassas
- Assist the CVB with better welcoming new businesses to Prince William County & Manassas
- Assist at Ribbon Cutting Events
Why would I want to join?
- Annual Appreciation Lunch
- Behind The Scenes Tours at Events
- Invitations to Tourism & Hospitality Partner events
- Annual Holiday Party Celebration
- Occasional Incentives to attractions such as Jiffy Lube Live, Hylton Performing Arts Center, Splashdown Waterpark, and other attractions
- Annual Orientation Tour to taste, touch, and experience Prince William County
Qualifications: Be able to work flexible hours and schedules based on availability. No experience is required, and you will be thoroughly trained for your assigned duties. Most volunteers will be working with at least one other person. Applicants may undergo a reference check and screening. All ambassadors must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid Virginia Driver’s license.
Contact Ms. Tamika Martin, Visitor Services Lead at [email protected].