Provided by Prince William Fire & Rescue
On Tuesday, July 18 at 11:51 p. m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to an apartment fire located in the 11200 block of Lady Jane Loop in Manassas. Upon arrival firefighters observed fire on the rear balcony of an apartment within the multi-family complex. Firefighters quickly extinguished the fire with no extension. No injuries reported. According to the Fire Marshal’s Office, preliminary damages are estimated at $1000. The fire started on the rear of the home caused by improper disposal of smoking
On Tuesday, July 18 at 5:28 p. m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to a fire at the Days Inn located in the 7600 block of Centreville Road in Manassas. Upon arrival, fire and rescue crews discovered fire on the third floor of the hotel. Due to activation of the building’s smoke alarm and sprinkler system, occupants were alerted to the fire enabling residents to safely evacuate the premises while activation of the sprinkler system contained the fire enabling firefighters to quickly extinguish the fire. No injuries reported. According to the Fire Marshal’s Office, preliminary damages are estimated at $50,000. The Building Official has posted the building unsafe. At the time of the fire, 55 adults and three children occupied the hotel; all were relocated to another hotel. The origin and cause of the fire was an ice machine located on the third floor of the hotel.