Provided by Transurban
Transurban, operator of the 495 and 95 Express Lanes, announced the launch of its “Go the Billionth Mile” contest. Between September 8 and September 23, Transurban anticipates that someone will drive the billionth mile on the 495 Express Lanes. To celebrate this milestone, Transurban is awarding a lucky winner one full year of free travel on the 495 and 95 Express Lanes*.
“It’s a pleasure to have provided our customers time savings for nearly one billion miles of travel as we approach the five-year anniversary of the 495 Express Lanes,” said Leigh Petschel, Vice President of Operations, Transurban. “We are excited to thank a lucky driver with a year of free travel, and we encourage our customers to travel safely this September for a chance to win.”
To be eligible:
- Customers must be a licensed driver over the age of 18
- Customers must have a valid Virginia E-ZPass®
- Customers must be legal residents of the United States residing in Virginia, Maryland, or the District of Columbia
- Customers must have driven on the Express Lanes at least ten times between September 23, 2016 and September 23, 2017
How will it work:
- No registration is necessary
- Transurban will send the winning E-ZPass® number to Virginia E-ZPass®
- Virginia E-ZPass® will contact the winner and provide them with a point of contact at Transurban to claim their prize
- All eligible customers should be on the lookout for an email or phone call from Virginia E-ZPass® this September
For the best chance to win, customers are encouraged to travel on the 495 Express Lanes each day during the two-week period. For more information and a full list of rules please visit ExpressLanes.com/Billion
*Maximum amount of $5,000.00 of free travel
The 495 and 95 Express Lanes operate on I-495/Capital Beltway and I-95 providing drivers with faster and more predictable travel options in Northern Virginia. Together, the 495 and 95 Express Lanes create a region-wide network of free-flowing lanes for nearly 40 miles from the Dulles Toll Road to Stafford County. Delivered through a public-private partnership between the Virginia Department of Transportation and Transurban, the Express Lanes give drivers reliable travel choices on two of Northern Virginia’s most congested roadways. For more information, please visit ExpressLanes.com.