Provided by March of Dimes
The March of Dimes announced finalists for the 17th Annual Heroines of Washington Awards gala. Heroines of Washington is one of Washington, D.C.’s most unique events, recognizing and honoring women in the D.C. Metro Area for their dedication to community service. Formerly Heroines in Technology, the March of Dimes has expanded these awards to honor women in various industries, including healthcare, real estate and the public sector among others.
The finalists were chosen from a select group of women for giving back to their community through tremendous feats of volunteerism that go above and beyond their employment requirements. This year’s finalists work with homeless shelters and veterans, provide life-saving equipment and education to local hospitals, support STEM programs, and advocate for diversity inclusion. Their tireless dedication to these causes solidified their placement as finalists.
2017 Heroines of Washington Finalists:
- Catherine Anderson, UnitedHealthcare Community and State
- Molly Bauch, Accenture
- Erica Brouillette, CSRA
- Maureen Bryant, Korth Companies
- Wynne Busman, Infant Toddler Family Day Care of Northern Virginia
- Yvette Butler, Capital One
- Jennifer Carr, Fairfax County Public Schools
- Christine Espenshade, JLL
- Lisa Friedlander, Activity Rocket
- Rebecca Geller, The Geller Law Group
- Shannon Hagy, Bart & Associates, Inc.
- Kimberley Hayes, The Ambit Group
- Rosemary Lauer, The Tetra Partnerships
- Barbara McDuffie, Baker Tilly
- Gillian Michaelson, The Advisory Board
- Terita Norton, The Aerospace Corporation
- Diane Pearson, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
- Elise Rabekoff, Quadrangle Development Corporation
- Staci Redmon, Strategy and Management Services, Inc.
- Holly Seibold, M2 Academy
- Emma Sharma, Valiant Integrated Services
- Adrienne Somerville, Naval Air Systems Command Headquarters
- Thu Stubbs, Technology Science Corporation
- Jeanne Sullivan, KPMG
- Tamara Vineyard, Dixon Hughes Goodman LLP
Since 2001, the March of Dimes has honored 101 “heroines” and raised more than $2.5 million to support the organization’s efforts to fight premature birth and birth defects. Heroines of Washington guests include directors, CEOs and other high-level individuals from local corporations and government agencies.
Sponsors include Vencore, TSI, EY, and JLL. Media Partners are Sage Communications, DC Magazine, DC Hotspots, The Umbrella Syndicate, WTOP, and Fairfax Woman.
For tickets to the awards gala on November 2, please visit marchofdimes.org/heroinesdc.