Provided by Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT)
The Commonwealth Transportation Board (CTB) will hold a public hearing Thursday, Jan. 4 on transportation projects to be funded by the concession fee to the Commonwealth as part of the financial agreement with Express Mobility Partners for additional improvements to I-66.
The public is invited to learn about and comment on the following projects:
- Route 234/Balls Ford Road interchange and relocation in Prince William
- Virginia Railway Express Manassas Line upgrade – Phase I
- Balls Ford Road widening from Groveton Road to Route 234 Business (Sudley Road) in Prince William
- I-66 median widening at Route 29 for WMATA in Fairfax
- Commuter parking garage at Fairfax Corner
- George Snyder Trail in Fairfax City
- Widen Jermantown Road bridge to four lanes over I-66 in Fairfax
- Western bus maintenance facility in Prince William
- East Falls Church Metro Bus bay expansion in Arlington
- Monument Drive bridge pedestrian improvements in Fairfax
- Route 50/Waples Mill Road intersection improvements in Fairfax
- Construct Poplar Tree Road bridge to four lanes over Route 28 in Fairfax
- Lee Highway pedestrian improvements in Fairfax
- Nutley Street SW multi-use trail to Metro in Vienna
- Route 29 improvements from Shirley Gate Road to Pickwick Road (This project was added at the Dec. 6 CTB meeting).
An open house will begin at 6:00 p. m., followed by the hearing at 6:30 p. m. in the Potomac Conference Room of VDOT’s Northern Virginia District Office at 4975 Alliance Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030.
Comments may be provided at the meeting or sent to VDOT through Monday, Jan. 8. Email or mail comments to Ms. Maria Sinner, P.E., Virginia Department of Transportation, 4975 Alliance Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030.
Follow VDOT Northern Virginia on Twitter: @vadotnova