Provided by Prince William County Schools (PWCS)
Parents and students from across the county are invited to attend a workshop offering free assistance completing the FAFSA application. The workshop will be held on Tuesday, Jan. 23, at Stonewall Jackson High School, 8820 Rixlew Lane in Manassas, from 6:00–8:00 p. m. in the downstairs computer lab.
Assistance with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA, will be provided to new as well as returning college students. The FAFSA is the form used by colleges, universities, and career-technical schools across the country to determine eligibility for student federal financial aid.
Prior to attending, students and their parents are advised to request a FAFSA identification number electronically at fsaid.ed.gov. Parents should get their own FAFSA ID in addition to their student’s.
Students/parents should bring the following documents to the event:
- FAFSA ID. Students and parents can apply for a FSA ID at https://fsaid.ed.gov
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license (if available)
- Tax records. On the 2018-19 FAFSA, applicants will report 2016 income information rather than 2017 income information.
- Records of untaxed income such as child support received, interest income, veterans non-education benefits. On the 2018-19 FAFSA, applicants will report 2016 tax or calendar year information.
- Records of all assets including savings and checking account balances, and investments such as stocks and bonds and real estate. Applicants will report current amounts as of the date the FAFSA is signed.
- List of schools the student is interested in attending
- Alien registration card (if not a U.S. citizen)
Super FAFSA Project Virginia is part of Virginia’s 1-2-3 Go! Initiative, co-sponsored by ECMC and SCHEV. For more information, visit schev.edu/123go. This is an annual project that also provides free one-on-one assistance in completing the federal financial aid form for postsecondary education, FAFSA.
Contact Nancy Pomaranski, school counselor, at [email protected] or 571.598.3003 with questions.