Breaking News
Home » Around Town » Glendale Road Fire Incident

Glendale Road Fire Incident

Provided by Prince William Fire & Rescue

On Thursday, Dec. 14 at 7:04 a. m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to a single family house, on fire, located in the 4300 block of Glendale Road in Woodbridge. Upon arrival, fire and rescue crews observed fire showing from the rear of the home. Firefighters initiated attack and quickly extinguished the fire. Five of the seven occupants sustained non-life-threatening injuries and were treated on scene and transported to a local medical facility for further treatment. According to the Fire Marshal’s Office, preliminary damages were moderate estimated at $100,000. The Building Inspector has posted the home unsafe. Red Cross was on scene to assist the family, four adults and three children, displaced by the fire. The fire is currently under investigation by the Fire Marshal’s Office.

Prince William County Fire and Rescue Chief Kevin McGee would like to remind residents that working smoke alarms save lives (pwcgov.org/SmokeAlarms). You double your chances of surviving a home fire with working smoke alarms compared to homes without working smoke alarms.

Check Also

Rippon middle school pwcs hurricane florence help

Rippon Middle School Adopts North Carolina School

Provided by Prince William County Schools (PWCS) A connection between a Rippon Middle School teacher …