Provided by Errand Works
This was going to be the year you got ahead of the game, right? Where the presents were bought and wrapped early so you could enjoy a stress-free holiday filled with family time. How’s that going? Well if you were full of good intentions but life got in the way, trust us, you’re not alone.
We already have lives filled with work, children’s activities, errands, appointments and family time, and it’s tough to fit in everything you’d like to include in your ideal holiday. So, how do you reconcile your dream holiday with where you are now? We’ve got some answers for you.
It sounds simple, but really, take time to be calm. Have a cup of tea and accept where you are.
2. Make Two Lists
Your first list will consist of things you absolutely won’t compromise on this holiday season. These are the things that wouldn’t make it your family’s holiday without them. The next list is your second string list — items that would be really nice to tackle, but they aren’t deal breakers.
3. Create a Plan
Take each item on your must-have list and figure out how and when you’re going to make it happen. Here are some ideas.
- Shopping – Shop online while you drink your coffee in the morning or after the kids go to bed at night. If you have special local stores you need to visit, try working them in at lunch or hiring a personal assistant to help you.
- Wrapping – This is one that can be done at any time of day, but there are also companies who will do it for you!
- Decorating – It’s not too late to make your home festive! Scale back a bit this year if you have limited free time, or call a company like Errand Works who will have you trimmed in holly in the blink of an eye.
- Baking – Choose just your favorite items to bake and involve the family! So many memories are made in the kitchen. And with all the options for grocery pickup and delivery these days, you can cross in-store grocery shopping right off your list!
- Meal planning – Are you feeding a crowd this year? Map out your menu. Then head to your recipe box and write out every ingredient you will need. Take your list and complete your online grocery shopping now! Just don’t forget to schedule the date for pickup or delivery in your planner!
The holidays are a time to enjoy with family. Paying for services that provide you with more joy and less stress, especially during the holidays, is a smart option and one way to have a happier holiday. And with that free time, you might even be able to visit that second-string list, too!
Errand Works provides personal assistance with general errands, personal shopping, gift wrapping, decorating, grocery shopping and delivery, and more. Call us to create more time in your schedule.
Errand Works, LLC, is a licensed, bonded and insured personal assistance company. Every personal assistant must pass a Virginia State Criminal Background Check prior to being hired. In addition, each errand runner is a Virginia State Notary. Errand Works currently serves Prince William County, Fauquier County, Fairfax County, Loudoun County and the surrounding areas.