Provided by Volunteer Prince William
Happy Holidays Prince William! We are so thankful and grateful to everyone in the Prince William community for supporting this year’s Un-Trim-a-Tree program. On Christmas morning, 6,000 children will be waking up to new toys under the tree, while over 250 seniors and special needs adults will enjoy a gift bag filled with goodies and necessities. Generous donors and hard-working volunteers made this happen – thank you again for doing your part to make a Joyous Holiday Season possible for our vulnerable residents!
- Cleaning out your closets? The wonderful folks at MADD are accepting donations of clean, gently used sneakers (no holes, please) through December! Shoes can be dropped off with Shelley at our Volunteer Prince William office. Please contact Shelley at (703) 369-5292 ext. 0 for more information.
- Serve Our Willing Warriors is in search of New Year’s volunteers to take down holiday decorations on Jan. 4, 5 and 6. You can visit Sign Up Genius at signupgenius.com/go/30e0845aca72ba0f49-christmas1 to sign up for a slot – lots of openings available! This great organization also has numerous volunteer opportunities including Ambassador, Event Support/Coordination, Guest Services, House Prep and Grounds Support/Maintenance. These are great ways to say Thank You to our veterans for their sacrifices, and also help this wonderful organization spread the word on how they support our veterans. Please email [email protected] or visit willingwarriors.org for more information on these opportunities.
- K9s Serving Vets has lots of open volunteer opportunities as they work to guide veterans to their service dogs. Open slots include Social Media Promotions, Website Management, Outreach Coordinator, Fundraising Director, Events Staff, Admin Support and much, much more! If you enjoy engaging the public while promoting a great cause to thank our veterans for their sacrifice, this is the place for you! Please contact Kira at [email protected] to learn how you can get involved.
- The Retired & Senior Volunteer Program is in urgent need of volunteers age 55+ to teach fourth-grade children the life skills to keep them safe alone and safe at home. Volunteers must be available during school hours. This fun curriculum is very interactive and of course the kids are very fun. Training is provided; please call Jan to learn more at (571) 292-5307 to be part of the RSVP team.
- Project Mend-A-House is searching for weekend volunteers to help with their fix-up projects across the community. Both skilled and unskilled are most welcome on weekends and also during the week. Please call Jhenny at (703) 792-7663 to learn more.
- People Inc. is looking for volunteer tax preparers willing to be certified as an IRS VITA Income Tax Preparer for the 2018 tax season. This special tax preparer assists low-income individuals and families with tax preparation. Training is required, but you will be helping this vulnerable population navigate through their tax forms and IRS regulations. For more information, please call Jeanne at (571) 445-3020.
If you are looking for other opportunities, please call Volunteer Prince William. Jan can help you with the Retired and Senior Volunteer (RSVP) opportunities at (703) 369-5292 ext. 1, Shelley can help with any individual or group projects and send you weekly updates if you’d like. Shelley is at (703) 369-5292 ext. 0, and Bonnie can help you with opportunities available in Disaster Preparedness at (703) 369-5292 ext. 3. Please visit volunteerprincewilliam.org. Thanks so much for all you do in our community and have a wonderful holiday season.