Provided by All Things Writing, LLC
Home staging may be something you’ve only experienced on The Home and Garden Channel, but it’s becoming more and more mainstream in the real estate field. Staging involves considering the layout of your furniture and décor and strategically arranging it in the most optimal manner. Staging sprinkles a little bit of magic into your home, and who doesn’t want a little magic on their side when trying to sell?
Benefits of Staging Your Home
There are many, many benefits to staging your home. Here are the top six:
- Homes that are professionally staged typically sell for higher prices — in fact, potentially 10 percent more! It’s well worth the investment.
- Staged homes also sell faster! You’ll have to prepare for fewer showings and open houses if you opt for staging services, which saves you time, money and headaches.
- Home staging helps bring out the best in your home. Staging can create illusions of more light, more space and ideas of what the home could become to your prospective buyers. Think bigger, brighter, warmer and even more welcoming! And stagers will take care of depersonalizing your home, too, which helps buyers envision themselves in the space.
- On the flip side, staging helps buyers overlook your home’s flaws. When they are so focused on the beauty and imagining themselves living there, the flaws don’t jump out at them.
- Home staging makes your home stand out from others on the market. You’ll make a favorable first impression on your buyers. Staging also allows for great pictures. Since most home shopping is now done online, staging great photos is your key to getting more buyers in the door.
- Staging ensures each room has a purpose. Buyers love walking into rooms and thinking, “Oh that’s a great use for this space.” It gets them excited and more interested in purchasing your home.
Some people still prickle at the idea of rearranging their home. Think about it this way. You’ve created the best living area for you and your family. A professional stager will work to create optimized spaces that will appeal to the masses. While it can be difficult to accept the changes, remember to focus on the benefits above. You won’t be sorry.
Marcia Goodman, Realtor with Samson Properties, Gainesville, VA is a highly credentialed, experienced staging realtor specializing in residential real estate. To learn more about how she can help you prepare for your next move, or to receive her free staging eBook, contact Marcia by clicking here or calling 703-819-4776.