Provided by Prince William County Schools
Prince William County Public Schools and the Office of School Health Services invite you to the upcoming Parent Expo, to be held on Friday, Aug. 17, from 7:00-9:00 p. m. at the Edward Kelly Leadership Center (14715 Bristow Road, Room 1101, Manassas).
During this free event, you will have the opportunity to meet members of the health services staff and learn more about the school nurse’s role and how school nurses support student learning.
Valuable information will be shared on the following topics:
• Management of students diagnosed with chronic health conditions, such as allergies, asthma, and diabetes
• The importance of having a Health Treatment Plan in place for your child
• How school nurses provide chronic disease management for students identified with special needs
• Various screenings school nurses provide to students
• Disease surveillance and prevention
• Trainings school nurses provide for school staff
We hope you will be able to join us on Aug. 17. For further information, please call the Office of School Health Services at 703.791.7266.