Provided by PWCS
Dear PWCS Families, Employees, and Community,
Thank you for the brilliant start to the school year, the earnest commitment to daily attendance, and your dedicated work to see every student graduate on time with the knowledge, skills, and habits of mind necessary to create a thriving future for themselves and their community.
While the winter holidays and end-of-year celebrations are a time of reflection, resolution, and rejoicing, I want to acknowledge those community members and business partners who give back to our students, teachers, and schools. On behalf of Dawn Davis, executive director of our SPARK education foundation, and the entire SPARK team, I would like to thank the following PWCS partners:
- Fraternal Order of Police Battlefield Lodge #43 for providing students with opportunities to participate in Santa Cop;
- Volunteer Prince William for supporting students and their families during the holidays through “Un-Trim-A-Tree” and “Holiday Helpers;”
- Northern Virginia Food Rescue and Prince Wiliam County Community Foundation for supporting students and families with weekend meals throughout the year;
- All PWCS business and community partners that support our community all year round by donating, gifting, supplying, and collaborating with us;
- And, our school staff, parents, and students who donate clothes, food, school supplies, toys, books, games, and make contributions to our schools’ food pantries and clothes closets.
When you support SPARK, you are supporting Prince William County Public Schools with food assistance support and programs that support STEM Education and Career Exploration. If you are looking for a way to support your local community, I encourage you to donate to SPARK’s End-of-Year Giving Campaign: “Launching Careers of the Future.”
As I conclude my final letter of the calendar year, I would like to wish everyone who observes a Happy Hanukkah, Merry Christmas, and joyous Kwanzaa, and to all a prosperous New Year. I encourage you to take this winter break to relax, recharge, and spend time with loved ones and friends. I am excited to continue our work together in the new year and the endless possibilities for an even brighter future for all PWCS students.
We look forward to seeing our students back in class on Jan. 2, 2024!
LaTanya D. McDade, Ed.D. Superintendent Prince William County Public Schools