Provided by Prince William County Schools (PWCS)
Has it been a long time since you entered a classroom? Do you need help preparing for the General Educational Development Test (GED® Test) or learning to speak English?
Come study with other adults to achieve your career and life goals. Daytime PWCS Adult Education classes begin the week of Aug. 26. Evening classes begin the week of Sept. 23. PWCS Adult Education classes are for those who live in Prince William County, Manassas City, and Manassas Park.
Classes are scheduled for three evenings a week or for four evenings a week at different locations around the county. Some classes are held during the day.
- Adult Basic Education (ABE) classes are for individuals 18 years of age and older and whose basic reading, math, and/or writing skills are below the ninth-grade level of achievement.
- GED® preparation classes are for individuals 18 years of age and older with reading, math, and/or writing skills at the ninth-grade level or above.
- English language learning classes are for individuals 18 years of age and older who speak a native language other than English.
- Digital Literacy classes are for individuals 18 years of age and older who want to improve basic computer skills. Topics include world wide web, computer operating systems (Windows), using email, Microsoft Office essentials, social media and information literacy.
- Career Readiness classes are for individuals 18 years of age and older who want to explore their own career interests and skills needed to self-assess, plan, prepare and enter a career that is personally and financially fulfilling. Topics include: resume writing, online job search and applications, interviewing techniques, American business culture, and the job ready candidate.
- Integrated Education and Training (IET) classes are for individuals 18 years of age and older who want to receive an industry recognized certificate upon successful completion of a specified career pathway. Successful completion requires passing the related certification examination.
Allow approximately one hour for registration. Tuition costs vary. Most classes provide 90 hours of instruction and cost $170. Tuition fees are due at the time of registration by cash, cashier’s check, or money order only.
Find registration dates and site location options for:
Find more information on the Adult Education website, or contact the Adult Education Office at 703.791.7357 or firstname.lastname@example.org.