Provided by Prince William County Economic Development
The Department of Economic Development has two new programs designed to help Prince William County businesses adapt to the challenges caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The department recognizes that is has been difficult and costly for the business community to implement new standards for public health and safety. Prince William County has developed these grant programs to invest in the local economy. The programs assist in making businesses more resilient to acclimate to the changing business environment.
Starting Monday, Aug. 10, applications will be accepted for the Capital Investment and Innovation Grant and the Construction and Renovation Permit Rebate programs. You can read more about the two programs below, or visit princewilliamcounty.biz.
Sign up to receive a notification when the application opens. If you have any questions about the program, contact:
Capital Investment and Innovation Grant
Grants of up to $200,000 are available for businesses and building owners. Owners must have made physical improvements or innovated a business model to continue to serve customers and employees during the COVID-19 pandemic. Applications must be received by Oct. 30, 2020.
Awardees will be reimbursed up to 50% of costs of physical improvements, including any soft costs such as design and consulting services. Grants may be awarded retroactively to any improvements made since April 1, 2020. Work must be completed by Dec. 1, 2020.
Examples of investments and innovation:
- Curbside pickup operations
- HVAC Improvements
- Shields or barriers at retail counters
- Technology investments, such as laptops, web conferencing or other tools to help staff work remotely
- Consultant costs incurred in making changes to your business to address COVID-19
- Outdoor dining
- Physical location in Prince William County
- Must be in business for at least two years
- Current on taxes and have a Prince William County Business license, if applicable
- Franchises must have their corporate headquarters in Prince William County
Construction and Renovation Permit Rebate
Rebates of up to $2,000 for permitting fees for any upfit renovations and new construction projects. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis through June 30, 2021 (as long as funds remain).
- Projects must be less than 100,000 square feet in size
- Tenant Layout, Alteration and Repair, and New Construction Permits
- Commercial Real Estate Projects Only