Provided by Transitional Housing BARN, Inc.
Transitional Housing BARN, Inc., Bristow, Virginia will host its 16th Annual Festival of Trees Gala, “Illusions: A Masked Ball,” on Saturday, November 22 from 6:00 to 11:00 p.m. at the Hilton Washington-Dulles Hotel, 13869 Park Center Road, Herndon Virginia. Tickets and sponsorships are available now.
Guests are encouraged to arrive in costume, ready to dance, be entertained and have a great time, all in the name of giving to a well-established charity that funds a year-round program to support the transitional needs of homeless women and their dependent children. Black tie is optional, and a prize will be awarded for the best costume. The fun-filled evening promises live and silent auctions and more:
- The highlight of the live auction will be the offer of a New Orleans trip for two that includes a visit to Preservation Hall, lunch or dinner at Commander’s Palace and a 3-night stay at the French Quarter Hyatt.
- Guests purchasing a “wingspan” (arm-to-arm) length of raffle tickets may use them at the raffle table offering 15 to 20 high quality raffle items with a minimum value of $25.
- Guests visiting the Angel Tree may purchase $25 to $100 gift items as presents for BARN mothers and children.
- At a complimentary photo booth, guests may dress up in colorful hats and accessories for a creative photo session.
- At the blind bid board, guests may play by entering their bidder number and the price they want to pay on the bidder form. Only the high bidder number is posted; guests may submit additional higher bids until the end of the game. The highest bid gets the item.
- Back by popular demand for the sixth great year, Bill Vaughn and Random Acts will entertain with excellent music to dance the night away.
One outstanding volunteer will be honored with the Agnes L. Colgan Celebration of Life Award, given in memory of Sen. Charles J. Colgan’s late wife. Also, a BARN mother who has completed the program and successfully moved into permanent housing will be recognized as the BARN Graduate of the Year.
Sponsors for this year’s event include BAE Systems, EEC Group, Inc., QMT Windchimes, CAVENDO and Advantage Physical Therapy.
The festival committee includes Diane Bennett of Bennett Insurance Services, LLC; Rita Tenbroeck of Cedar Run Appraisals; Vicki Latimer of Latimer Consulting, Interior Designer; Ed Spall of Edwards Enterprises Custom Painting, and Tiffany Suarez of Freedom Property Management, leading an army of volunteers. Last year the Festival of Trees netted over $40,000 toward the operating budget of $750,000 required to keep the BARN program to support homeless women and their dependent children running.
“In these economic times, with less reliance on grants, our fundraising efforts become critical to meet the needs of the most vulnerable in our community,” remarked Colin Davis, Executive Director of BARN.
Tickets are $130 per person, $250 for a couple and reserved tables for ten are available for $1300.
Sponsorship opportunities range from $250 to $7,500. For more information about sponsoring the festival, or to order a ticket, contact Transitional Housing BARN at 703-369-1325.