Provided by Prince William Chamber of Commerce
Through the Prince William Chamber of Commerce Scholarship Program, the Chamber seeks to support higher education and invest in a skilled workforce by awarding scholarships to graduating high school seniors who have shown a demonstrated commitment to both academic success and community involvement. Three (3) $2,500 scholarships will be awarded. Visit PWChamber.org/scholarship for eligibility requirements and the application package. Applications may be submitted online and must be received by Monday, February 15, 2016.
In order to be considered for one of the three scholarships, all applicants must:
- Submit a completed application;
- Complete the essay form;
- Submit their high school transcript;
- Include a resume and a teacher’s letter of recommendation.
Eligibility Criteria Highlights:
- Current Chamber member company employee or the dependent of an employee; this includes staff of all Prince William County, City of Manassas and City of Manassas Park schools and governments. Search PWBizFinder.org to find out if your employer -or your mom or dad’s employer – is a current member of the Prince William Chamber of Commerce.
- Graduating high school senior with plans to enroll in an accredited community college, trade school, college or university;
- Cumulative minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher;
- Demonstrates leadership and commitment to the community;
Finalists will be required to participate in an interview on either March 16 or 18, 2016. Winners will be notified March 23, and invited to the Education & Innovation Luncheon on Tuesday, April 12 where Mr. Aneesh Chopra will be the Keynote Speaker. PWL Chopra is Co-Founder and Executive Vice President of Hunch Analytics and the former Chief Technology Officer of the United States. Apple Federal Credit Union sponsors the luncheon.
For more information on the Scholarship Program of the Prince William Chamber of Commerce, contact Director of Community Outreach Suzanne Lewis at 703-368-6600, or email [email protected] Special thanks to the Chamber’s Education Vision Partner, COMCAST. Scholarship sponsors to date include Northern Virginia Community College and Lockheed Martin.