Attic Fire in Woodbridge Home Overnight

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Provided by Occoquan-Woodbridge Lorton Volunteer Fire Department (OWL VFD)

Firefighters responded to the report of a house fire at 1422 Horner Road in Woodbridge.  Crews arrived within minutes and reported fire in the attic of the house.  The fire was extinguished within minutes.

The Prince William County Fire Marshal’s Office has determined the fire was caused by faulty wiring.  The Red Cross was called to assist four residents who were displaced by the fire.  Fire and Rescue units from OWL VFD, Dale City VFD, and PWC DF&R responded to the incident.

Occoquan-Woodbridge-Lorton Volunteer Fire Department reminds residents to have working smoke detectors in their homes. “Please regularly check your detectors.” Said OWL VFD, Chief Jim McAllister. “By taking a little time to change the batteries, you could be saving the lives of you and your family!” said McAllister.

OWL VFD is one of the largest and busiest volunteer fire departments in the United States with almost 300 members. OWL VFD provides fire suppression, EMS care, and rescue services to 80,000 residents in our 27 square mile area through the operation of three fire stations. OWL volunteer Firefighters and EMTs work the 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. shift, five days a week, plus 24/7 holidays and weekends. 

For more information on OWL VFD, visit or become a fan on Facebook at


Comments are closed.