Bradford Street Fire Incident

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Contributed by Prince William County

Prince William County SealOn Tuesday February 25th at approximately 4:00 a.m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to a reported structure fire in a single family home located in the 3200 block of Bradford Street in Woodbridge.

Upon arrival, firefighters observed smoke showing from the front of the home and were notified that the occupants of the home had safely evacuated. Firefighters proceeded to the basement of the home and extinguished the fire.

The fire was discovered by the homeowner who called 911 and alerted the remaining family members to evacuate the residence. Two adults and three children were transported to a local medical facility for evaluation of smoke inhalation. In addition, the home possessed multiple pets that were rescued by firefighters.

Red Cross was called to the scene to assist in relocating the displaced family. The building official inspected the home and has posted it uninhabitable.
The fire is currently under investigation by the Fire Marshal’s Office.

Prince William County Department of Fire and Rescue would like to remind residents that smoke alarms save lives. You double your chances of surviving a fire when you install working smoke alarms in your home. Remember to:

  • Install smoke detectors on every level within the home including the basement.
  • Test smoke detectors monthly and replace batteries as needed.
  • Change batteries when you change clocks (spring and fall).
  • Replace smoke detectors every 10 years.

Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. Prince William Living Inc. and it’s staff make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact


Leave A Reply