Provided by Volunteer Prince William
· Good morning Prince William – SERVE needs volunteers to help in the Food Pantry. As you know folks who work seasonal jobs have a particular hard time in the winter and add to the number of families seeking assistance from SERVE. This is a wonderful opportunity to offer help and your smile to these families. Be prepared for lifting of boxes. Specific positions include picking up food at local grocery stores utilizing the SERVE van. You must be 21 yrs. old, have good driving record and sign a driver’s agreement. They also need volunteers to receive donations. This position can be filled by teens age 16 yrs. +. Please call Jan at (571) 748-2621 to learn more or you can email her at: email@example.com
· Saved Hands Foundation teaches entry level business skills to the disadvantaged. They are looking for volunteers to teach Microsoft office programs to adults in Woodbridge. They also would like a grant writer and marketing director to create a portfolio for them. Please call Pamela at (571) 572-9013 for more info.
· The Alzheimer’s Association needs volunteers to join their planning committee for the next walk on October 17th in Manassas. Please call Sonya at (703) 766-9025 to learn more.
· Catholic Charities needs volunteers to teach an English class at their Dale City office. Classes are held Wednesdays 7-9pm. Please email them at: firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
· Beacon Adult Literacy needs volunteer tutors to teach conversation or computer literacy to ESL students in the Manassas area. Please call Caroline at (703) 368-7491 to learn more.
· Literacy Volunteers is gearing up for their next volunteer training On March 7th. Come learn all the skills you need to help another adult reach their life goals. You do not need any prior experience. This is one person helping another. Please call (703) 670-5702 or visit www.lvapw.org to learn more.
· Habitat for Humanity is looking for teen volunteers to distribute flyers about all the wonderful services they provide to the Georgetown Village community in Woodbridge. You can do this anytime between now and February 2nd. Please visit their website at: habitatpwc.org and sign up on the volunteer calendar. It’s a great way for your club or group to do something fun together.
· Also for teens! You don’t want to miss the teen volunteer and summer job fair on Tuesday February 3rd at the Bull Run Library from 7pm-8:30pm. Come learn about jobs from employers looking for teen for this summer.
· Emeritus Senior Living in Lake Ridge is looking for volunteers to help with fun activities such as sewing circle, line dancing and others or simply give one on one companionship. Please call Brigette at (703) 680-0600 to learn more.
· Project Mend a House needs volunteers to help with minor home repair projects for elderly, disabled and low income families. Come share your handy hands and spirit. Please call (703) 792-7663 to learn more
· Rainbow Therapeutic Riding Center needs volunteers to help with the silent auction and decoration committees for the big 15th Annual Winter dance on February 21st. Please email Robin at:email@example.com to learn more
· If you are looking for other opportunities, please don’t forget to call my wonderful team at Volunteer Prince William. Coleen can help you with the Retired and Senior Volunteer (RSVP) opportunities at (703) 369-5292 ext. 1, Shelley can help with any individual or group project and send you weekly updates if you’d like. Shelley is at (703) 369-5292 ext. 0, and Bonnie can help you with opportunities available in Disaster Preparedness at(703) 369-5292 ext. 3. Please visit our newly re-vamped website at www.volunteerprincewilliam.org