Provided by Volunteer Prince William
Good morning Prince William – its official – spring and warm weather are right around the corner and you can kick it off in style with the Shindig Jig 5K to benefit the Rainbow Therapeutic Riding program on Saturday March 14 at Silver Lake Regional Park. Check in at 8:30am and race time is 10am. Come with your 3 person team for just $25 each or by yourself for $40. All proceeds benefit this wonderful program. Please visit: rainbowriding.org to register.
· BARN Transitional Housing is kicking off spring with their 1st. Yard Sale of the season on Saturday March 14th as well. It runs from 8am-12noon or you can access the early bird shopping at 7:30am for a $5 entrance fee. Great stuff, great bargains and all for a great cause. The BARN is located at 9541 Linton Hall Road in Bristow.
· Keep Prince William Beautiful needs volunteers to judge science projects at the PW – Manassas Regional Science Fair from 9am-10am. Please call (571) 285-3772 to learn more.
· The 2nd fun need is volunteers are needed at the 24th Annual SERVE Bowl a Thon in Manassas from 1pm-4pm. Tasks include set up, greeting participants, handing out t-shirts and other general tasks. It’s a great opportunity for teens age 16+ or younger with their parent. This super fun day is very important to the SERVE families. Please email Jan at: [email protected] for all the specifics. And then don’t forget about the BEACON Event:
· Beacon Adult Literacy invites you to their Scrabble Scramble – an evening of thinking fun with cash bar, food and prizes. It’s just $100 for a table of 4 at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Manassas on Saturday march 14th, 6-9pm. Please call Lauren at (571) 428—2504 to register. And please don’t forget that they need volunteer tutors to teach conversation or computer literacy to ESL students in the Manassas area. Please call Caroline at (703) 368-7491 to learn more.
· Birmingham Green Senior Living is looking for volunteer guitar players to highlight International Guitar Month in April. Come share your love and craft with the seniors. Please call Zach at (703) 257-6252 to learn more.
· Historic Manassas is gearing up for the wonderful Old Town Manassas Farmer’s Market starting on April 11th. Volunteers are needed to help administer the SNAP exchange. Hours are 9am-1pm and you don’t want to miss all the activity at the market. Please call Erin at (703) 361-6599 to learn more.
· Manassas Park DSS is looking for volunteers in their front office. Tasks include answering phones, greeting visitors and basic office tasks. This is a great resume builder and fun for a senior who has done it before. You must pass a background check so give them a call at (703) 335-8888 to learn more.
· Volunteer Prince William Disaster Services program is looking for volunteers to present cooking classes to community partners. These special recipes are ones you can make without electricity, limited water supplies or available natural gas. These are things we all need to know to keep our families fed and safe during a disaster. Don’t worry we have the recipes plus info on nutrition, budgeting, stockpiling of supplies to keep all safe. Please email Bonnie at: [email protected] to learn more
· Brain Injury Services is looking for a volunteer to help with their big golf tournament by securing in-kind donations for their silent auction. This is a really fun way to meet people and businesses to benefit this wonderful agency serving clients form infant to seniors. Please call Toresha at (703) 451-8881 ext. 221 to learn more
· The Alzheimer’s Association needs volunteers to join their planning committee for the next walk on October 17th in Manassas. Please call Sonya at (703) 766-9025 to learn more.
· If you are looking for other opportunities, please don’t forget to call my wonderful team at Volunteer Prince William. Coleen can help you with the Retired and Senior Volunteer (RSVP) opportunities at (703) 369-5292 ext. 1, Shelley can help with any individual or group project and send you weekly updates if you’d like. Shelley is at (703) 369-5292 ext. 0, and Bonnie can help you with opportunities available in Disaster Preparedness at (703) 369-5292 ext. 3. Please visit our newly re-vamped website at www.volunteerprincewilliam.org. Thanks so much for all you do in our community.