Provided by Volunteer Prince William
Volunteer Prince William issues a call to action every week, listing the current volunteer opportunities in the Greater Prince William area.
- Historic Manassas needs volunteers for the One Love Event April 26 6:00-10:00 p. m., April 27, 7:00 a. m.-8:30 p. m. and April 28, 10:00 a. m.-3:00 p. m. This fun event includes activities at the pavilion, Jirani and at Centerfuse. Most shifts are just a couple of hours. Please email [email protected] to learn more.
- Prince William County needs volunteers age 16+ for their Shred Day at Chris Yung Elementary School on Saturday May 4 from 9:00 a. m.-1:00 p. m. Please email [email protected] to learn more.
- The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) needs volunteer actors for an emergency response exercise on Sunday, April 28 at the Friendship Heights Metro Station. Volunteers age 13+ with their parent are welcome to pretend the situation of a stranded train in the tunnel. Please visit their event page for all the info.
- The Sweet Julia Grace Foundation needs volunteers for their Field Day at the Farm Brewery on Saturday, May 8. Come help with check-in, assist with games or clean-up. Volunteers 10 and older are welcome with an adult or age 14+ without! Please visit their website for more info.
- Walk MS Manassas needs volunteers for the walk on Saturday May 4, 9:00 a. m.-12:00 noon with registration, set-up, photography, singing the National Anthem and cheerleading. Please call Lexi at (202) 375-5615 for more info.
- The Tough Mudder is coming to Silver Lake in Haymarket on June 1-2. This team oriented 8-10 mile obstacle course will have thousands of participants. Volunteers are needed in lots of locations and duties. You won’t want to miss this fun event. Please visit their website to learn more. You can also email [email protected] for more information. This event is hosted by the Prince William Office of Tourism.
Property Rehab and Sprucing Up
- The wonderful folks at Serve Our Willing Warriors needs House Prep volunteers to prepare the Retreat homes for visiting veterans and their families. With two retreat houses available, there’s plenty of work to do, and it’s a wonderful way to thank our veterans for their sacrifices. SOWW will also be holding a series of Beautification Days to spruce up the property for their guests. Please visit willingwarriors.org/ or email [email protected] to learn more.
- Mark your calendars for Saturday, May 4 for the Annual Comcast Cares Day. This year Leadership Prince William will fix up the ARC Child Care Center in Dale City. They need tons of volunteers to help with this cause. Please visit their website for all the info and to register for this event.
- Merrimac Farm needs volunteers to get their hands a little dirty on Saturday April 27, 9:00 a. m.-12:00 noon. Please call (703) 490-5200 or email them [email protected] to learn more.
- Leesylvania State Park needs volunteers for their monthly shoreline cleanups to pick up trash and driftwood. The next work day is May 18. Please register by calling the visitor center at (703) 583-6904 so they have your name to waive the park entry fee.
Volunteering for Novant UVA Health System
- Novant UVA Health System needs volunteers in their surgical services at the Manassas and Haymarket hospitals. They also need volunteers at the Aubergine Thrift Store in Old Town Manassas. Come be part of the team benefitting the community. Please call (571) 284-1278 or visit their website to learn more.
- The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program is looking for volunteers age 55+ to deliver noon meals through the Meals on Wheels Program. Shifts are just two to three hours and throughout the area. RSVP members receive a mileage reimbursement and additional insurance coverage at no cost to the volunteer. Please call Jan at (571) 292-5307 to learn more.
- Area Agency on Aging needs volunteers to deliver Meals on Wheels mid-day in both the Manassas and Woodbridge communities. Meals are delivered Monday – Friday. They also need volunteer activity assistants at the Adult Day Healthcare Center for fun activities such as chess, checkers, dominos, and bingo and play musical instruments. Please visit their website for more info.
- Virginia Cooperative Extension Financial Education Program is having their next train the trainer class called Money, Your Goals on Friday, May 3 at the McCoart Building from 9:00 a. m.-1:00 p. m. This tool kit will give you all the skills to help others with their financial goals. Please register here.
If you are looking for other opportunities, please call Volunteer Prince William at (703) 369-5292 or visit our website. Thanks so much for all you do in our community.