Provided by Volunteer Prince William
RSVP’s VETS Program provides transportation for veterans and their spouses to medical appointments is starting back up, and volunteer drivers age “55 or better” are needed! Volunteers must be at least 55 years old and successfully complete both a criminal and driving record check. It’s a wonderful way to give back and say “thank you” to our veterans for all they’ve done! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 571.292.5307 to learn more.
- Golfers! Arc of Greater Prince William/INSIGHT, Inc. is hosting an Annual Golf Tournament May 14 at Old Hickory Golf Club in Woodbridge. Get out in the fresh air, hit golf balls and help raise funds for a great cause! Please contact Chris at 703.670.4800, email email@example.com to learn more.
- For Children’s Sake (FCS) needs Foster Parents to open their home and help youth in the community. FCS trains and supports all families ongoing before, during and after foster youth are in your home. FCS serves youth from birth until their 21st birthday, but the biggest need at this time are homes for youth ages 10-17. If you are interested in learning more about either short term or long term foster care or adoption, please reach out to Kelley at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Historic Manassas is gearing up for their annual Manassas Heritage Railway Festival June 5 in Old Town Manassas. Volunteers age 16+ are needed 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to help with directing vendors, taking tickets for the small train ride, wiping down the small train after each ride and making sure masks are being worn. It’s a fun way for teens to earn some service hours! Please contact Melissa at email@example.com to learn more.
- The wonderful folks at House of Mercy are hosting a Tushies & Toes Drive May 21 to 22 to collect new diapers, socks and underwear for children, teens and adults. It’s a super easy drive-thru event where you drive in, drop off your donation in their outside bin and drive away with their thanks ringing in your ears! Please visit houseofmercyva.org/underwear-drive/ or call 703.659.1636 for more information.
- Do you love the arts? Hylton Performing Arts Center is looking for arts-loving volunteers to be Volunteer Ushers. Be part of a welcoming community that helps patrons have a safe and enjoyable experience, while attending performances and events yourself. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- Keep Prince William Beautiful is holding their May Community Cleanup May 15, 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in Manassas! Volunteers age 16+ will meet at Barron Park at the intersection of Aaron Lane and Alder Lane, then spread out from there to remove litter from public spaces in the community. Youth ages 5-15 must volunteer with an adult. Please register at volunteer.kab.org/opportunity/a2a4M0000010MAOQA2, email email@example.com to learn more.
- Prince William County Solid Waste Division is hosting a Compost Awareness Day event on Saturday, May 8, 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the Balls Ford Road Compost Facility, 13000 Balls Ford Road, Manassas. Come learn about composting, plus visitors can drop off food scraps and receive a free compost sample in their own bucket! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- SERVE needs volunteers age 16+ in their Hunger Resource Center on Friday afternoons, 12:45 to 4:00 p.m. Volunteers will assist with packing food for distribution to clients as well as helping unload, sort and organize donated food as well cleaning/maintaining the warehouse. You’ll feel great as you help clients obtain healthy, nutritious food for their families! Please email email@example.com for more information.
- The Warrior Retreat at Bull Run has a need for volunteer Guest Stay Coordinators (GSCs). GSCs create and manage relaxing and impactful stays for Warrior guests and their families. GSCs choose the guest stays they would like to support according to their own schedule, usually one a month. As a Warrior’s main point of contact, the GSC reviews the Wounded Warrior’s application, creates a customized itinerary, and handles any specific issues to make their stay memorable. Some weekday availability is required. It’s a wonderful way to thank our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much for us! Please contact Chris Wrinkle at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
COVID-19 Volunteer Opportunities:
- Spanish speakers! Prince William County Office of Emergency Management needs 1-2 volunteers age 18+ on weekdays at the Manassas Mall COVID vaccination site, located near Uptown Alley in the mall. Hours are 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. Volunteers will act as English to Spanish translators between residents and County staff. Fluency in both English and Spanish are required. This is an ongoing need, and you’ll feel great helping those with limited English understand the critical information they need to receive their COVID vaccine! Please email email@example.com for more information on how you can help.
- Help Volunteer Prince William learn how well COVID information has been distributed to minority communities in the greater Prince William area! Volunteers age 18+ are needed to conduct a survey regarding how people have received information about COVID during this pandemic. Volunteers will work up to 4-hour shifts and will be provided an electronic tablet to collect survey responses. Volunteers must have transportation and be able to travel to various locations in the greater Prince William area to conduct surveys. Proficiency in one or more languages in addition to English preferred. Surveys will be conducted until May 10, 2021. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how you can get involved.
- Medical Reserve Corps Support your local health department and your community during a public health emergency! Volunteers are needed to support several missions, including public health education and outreach, disease investigation, vaccine clinics, and more! Medical experience is not required; they have roles for everyone! Bilingual volunteers are especially needed. Volunteers must be 18 years of age, complete minimum training, and pass a state background check to serve. Please fill out an application at vamrc.org. Questions? Please email Amy at email@example.com for more information.
- American Red Cross needs volunteers to be Shelter Service Associates in the event of a disaster during COVID-19. Volunteers work in person in a Red Cross shelter before, during and/or after a disaster event, completing tasks necessary for shelter operations and providing assistance for disaster clients. Duties include working in reception, registration, feeding, dormitory, information or other areas within a shelter. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
If you are looking for other opportunities, please call Volunteer Prince William at 703.369.5292 or visit volunteerprincewilliam.org. Thanks so much for all you do in our community.