Provided by Prince William Chamber of Commerce
On Thursday, June 30 the Prince William Chamber of Commerce celebrated the end of their fiscal year with their Annual Meeting Luncheon at Heritage Hunt Golf & Country Club. Jim Dinegar, President & CEO of the Greater Washington Board of Trade was the Keynote Speaker, offering insights on recent changes to the region’s economy and suggesting opportunities for a “regional mindset” when it comes to promoting the Greater Washington, DC area as the nation’s premier locale in which to live and do business. Outgoing Chamber Chairwoman Dalena Kanouse, President & CEO of MTCI-Management & Training Consultants, Inc., presented the Chamber’s Annual Report.
During her year as Chairwoman, Kanouse asked Chamber members to focus on education and workforce development as ways to invest in tomorrow’s employees and business owners. Kanouse invited Smart Beginnings of Greater Prince William and the Education Foundations for the Cities of Manassas and Manassas Park School Systems to be her guests at the luncheon. Over the last twelve months, her efforts produced results as members worked to build bridges with the local school systems. Business leaders read to a record 26,382 elementary-aged students on National Young Reader’s Day last November, and the Chamber’s Education & Innovation Committee expanded their programming to include participation in STEM Career Fairs at the middle school level.
Following his talk on the evolving regional economy, Mr. Dinegar inducted the Chamber’s 2016-2017 Board of Directors, including incoming Chairman C.C. Bartholomew, a Realtor with Keller Williams Solutions. Her remarks revealed her belief in the Chamber as an economic engine; a place where businesses can come to grow, influence change and gain inspiration from the success stories of fellow members. Bartholomew said that during her term, she will encourage members to see the Chamber as a partner in success and to share their share their stories.
The members of the 2016-2017 Prince William Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors are:
- Chairman of the Board, C.C. Bartholomew, Keller Williams Solutions
- Immediate Past Chair, Dalena Kanouse, MTCI- Management & Training Consultants, Inc.
- Chairman-Elect, Jim Elliott, First Virginia Community Bank
- Chair Elect Nominee, Betty Dean, Betty Dean & Associates
- President & CEO, Debbie Jones, Prince William Chamber of Commerce
• Jim Aram, Advantage Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation, LLC
• Patty Baisden, QMT Windchimes
• Roy Beckner, S.W. Rodgers Company, Inc.
• Debbie Bennett, Bennett, Atkinson & Associates, P.C.
• Andy Burcher, Walsh, Colucci, Lubeley & Walsh, P.C.
• Steve Clark, Old Hickory Golf Club
• Steve Daves, R.W. Murray Co.
• Christian Deschauer, Transurban
• Bishop Lyle Dukes, Harvest Life Changers Church
• Randolph Frostick, Vanderpool, Frostick & Nishanian, P.C.
• Kim Golanski, Novant Health UVA Health System
• Ryan Gandy, City of Manassas Park
• Brian Gordon, Apartment & Office Building Association of Metropolitan Washington
• Molly Grove, George Mason University – Science & Technology Campus
• George Harben, Prince William County Economic Development
• Sharon Henry, Prince William County Schools, Community & Business Engagement Office/ SPARK
• Todd Hewitt, Cardinal Bank
• Dr. Sam Hill, Northern Virginia Community College
• Harry Horning II, Harry H. Horning Financial Services
• Tim Jackson, MDA Technologies Group, LLC
• Deb Jewell, Sharp Communication Services, Inc.
• Michael Kalish, Walsh, Colucci, Lubeley & Walsh, P.C.
• Jackie Krick, ECU Communications, LLC
• Bruce Moore, Internet Ad Management Inc.
• Traci Morris-Cole, I-95 Business Park Management, LLC
• Martin Nohe, Appliance Connection
• Stephen Porter, Sentara Northern Virginia Medical Center
• Michelle Rao, Laser Quest Corporation
• Matt Rogers, Live Nation Entertainment- Jiffy Lube Live
• Mark Shaaber, SCS Integrated Support Solutions
• Ben Simms, TML- A Xerox Company
• Patrick Small, City of Manassas
• Donna Snellings, NOVEC- Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative
• Eric Tatum, Dominion Virginia Power
• Aaron Tolson, Twin Air, LLC
• William White, Apple Federal Credit Union
• Gayle Whitlock, Whitlock Wealth Management
• Richard Wingo, Micron Technology, Inc.