(StatePoint) One of the simplest ways to make a big impact on your home’s exterior is with your front door. But if you are tired of the old standards colors, you’re not alone — experts predict bolder trends this year.
“Exuberant hues will be popular this year as a way for homeowners to show the world their energy,” says Kate Smith, a color trend forecaster and president of Sensational Color. “For those going for a classic feel, colors that are vibrant, yet at the same time, offer comfort, warmth and reliability will reign.”
For homeowners looking to express their “colorful selves,” consider selecting a paintable fiberglass door with a smooth finish. For example, those from Therma-Tru Classic-Craft Canvas Collection and Pulse, feature clean lines, crisp angles and attractive glass configuration options, and are ideal for adding personal expression to a home.
According to Smith, the top five door colors for the “exuberant homeowner” in 2014 include:
• Capri: A tropical blue that wakes up natural woods and neutral surroundings, this hue adds a splash of energy.
• Raucous Orange: This color demands attention with its energetic tone and makes the perfect punctuation point for homes with a modern look.
• Dynamo: This flirty violet hue instantly updates traditional color schemes for a trendier home front.
• Relic Bronze: A deep, almost brown mustard color, “Relic Bronze” reflects aged beauty.
• Quixotic Plum: This sophisticated deep purple is where trendy meets timeless.
The top five door colors for those following the more classic trend of comfort, as identified by Smith include:
• Georgian Bay: Brighter than dark navy, this step-above reserved blue is a trusted color when it comes to the welcoming message it sends to family and friends.
• Show Stopper: Like classic red at dusk, “Show Stopper” adds a touch of mystery to this bright hue. A slight spin on traditional red, this color warmly welcomes people to a home.
• Polished Mahogany: The deep, rich shade of brown has a staying power that traverses trends and captures a solid feeling for homeowners.
• Classic French Grey: Stepping out of the shadows to stand on its own, this cool, neutral grey will continue to rule the palette in 2014.
• Gulfstream: This bright, modern blue has an of-the-moment appeal. At the same time, it still feels rooted in something familiar and nostalgic for homeowners.
Whether you follow new trends or stick to tradition, don’t forget to take your entire home’s exterior into consideration. From roof to door, a “top down” approach can help you pick color combinations that are eye-pleasing and flow naturally to create curb appeal.
For tips on picking the perfect colors for your home’s exterior, including the front door, download a free copy of Smith’s e-book at www.thermatru.com.
This year, don’t conform or be bored. With a paintable door, you can make fresh updates as often as you like.