Provided by Community Foundation for Northern Virginia
The Community Foundation for Northern Virginia is accepting applications for college scholarships for the 2022 – 2023 school year. Eligible students include high school seniors and undergraduates in Northern Virginia.
Community Foundation manages 13 scholarships and administers the funds for 21 other scholarships that support Northern Virginia students pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees.
Last year the annual scholarship program awarded more than $332,500 in college scholarships to 122 recent high school graduates and current college students to support their higher education goals. Each scholarship has different selection criteria, allowing opportunities for a diverse range of students.“All interested students are encouraged to apply,” said Eileen Ellsworth, president and CEO, the Community Foundation for Northern Virginia. “We all know the challenges of paying for college. These scholarships provide much needed support to students from our community as they pursue their academic dreams.”
Volunteer committees review and make scholarship award recommendations for the scholarships managed by the Community Foundation.
Here’s a list of available scholarships managed by the Community Foundation:
- Amin Family Scholarship Fund
- AMS Opportunity Scholarship Fund
- Ashworth Grogan Scholarship*
- The Bentley Family Scholarship Fund
- Booz Allen Hamilton Vision Scholarship*
- Cameron and Virginia Dye Scholarship
- Charles Homer Barton Memorial Scholarship
- Elizabeth Koury Scholarship*
- Leslie V. Forte Scholarship
- Louise Lightner Jamison Scholarship
- NVTC Foundation Kilberg Scholarship Fund
- Rose Koury Scholarship for Careers in Education*
- Vance International, Inc. Scholarship
The applications for scholarships managed by the Community Foundation for Northern Virginia are due by 5:00 p.m. on Feb. 7, 2022. The deadline to apply for the Booz Allen Hamilton Vision Scholarship is March 25, 2022. Additional scholarships are available, with deadlines throughout the spring. To learn more about each scholarship opportunity and to apply visit cfnova.org/grants-and-scholarships.