Provided by Prince William County Schools (PWCS)
By order of the Governor of Virginia, all Prince William County Public Schools will remain closed to students through the end of the 2019-20 school year (June 2020), due to health concerns caused by COVID-19 (coronavirus).
ACCESS TO FREE WI-FI
Seven PWCS schools have been designated as sites at which students and others can access free Wi-Fi in the parking lot:
- Fitzgerald Elementary School, 15500 Benita Fitzgerald Drive, Woodbridge;
- Forest Park High School, 15721 Forest Park Drive, Woodbridge;
- John D. Jenkins Elementary School, 4060 Prince William Parkway, Woodbridge;
- Mullen Elementary School, 8000 Rodes Drive, Manassas;
- Old Bridge Elementary School, 3051 Old Bridge Road, Woodbridge;
- Parkside Middle School, 8602 Mathis Avenue, Manassas; and
- T. Clay Wood Elementary School, 10600 Kettle Run Road, Nokesville.
Map of locations is available on the Information Technology webpage and My PWCS mobile app.
All PWCS families should have received a phone survey asking for the number of children in the household needing computers to borrow from PWCS. If you missed this phone call, and your student is in need of a computer for home learning, please contact your child’s school directly.
SCHOOL BOARD MEETING
The Prince William County School Board will meet Wednesday, May 6. This will include a budget update and a pandemic update from the Superintendent. Patrons may learn more about the Board Meeting, and changes to the agenda required by the COVID-19 response.
CONTINUITY OF LEARNING
Marking periods one, two and three will be graded. The sum of the grade for each of the three quarters will be divided by three to determine the final grade. Students may use the fourth quarter as an opportunity to work with their teachers on opportunities to improve their overall grade, and grades from the first three marking periods.
The third quarter ended April 24; report cards will be available in The Hub by May 5. Middle and high school report cards will be mailed home. Parents of elementary students desiring a paper copy of the report card will receive information from their school.
SPECIAL EDUCATION RESOURCES
WEEKEND FOOD SUPPORT
The Prince William County Community Foundation, Inc. Chow Wagon serves non-perishable and perishable foods each Friday to help families provide food for the weekend. The Chow Wagon will be distributing food from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. on:
- May 8 at Lake Ridge Middle School;
- May 15 at Saunders Middle School;
- May 22 at Potomac View Elementary School;
- and May 29 at Fitzgerald Elementary School.
Everyone is welcome.
FREE FOOD AND DIAPERS
ACTS, 3900 ACTS Lane, Dumfries, provides free food and diapers Monday through Friday, from 9:00 to 11:30 a.m., and from 12:30 to 3:00 p.m. for residents of Prince William County, Manassas Park and Manassas City.