Provide by Prince William County
The Prince William County Development Services Building Drop-Off Program is a service that provides customers 24/7 access to a single outdoor, weather-proof container to deliver *eligible project submissions and permit applications, as listed here, for processing by a respective department/agency.
What is *eligible?
The Drop-Off Program page provides a current list of all eligible project submissions and permit applications. Please review the list carefully and note that building applications may not be submitted.
What is a Public Drop-Off Program?
A Public Drop-Off Program provides customers and the business community with a centralized, publicly accessible location to drop off *eligible project submissions and permit applications for County review and processing.
A drop-off container is typically managed by a small group of staff— administrators. The administrators oversee managing the drop-off location and distribution.
Where is the Public Drop-Off Program?
The drop-off container is a large, blue, metal weather-resistant mailbox located at the front door of the plaza entrance of the Development Services Building, located at 5 County Complex Ct., Prince William.
Drop-off services are available for:
- *Eligible applications and plan submissions. (Please review the list here. )
- Customers who want to submit hardcopy applications after-hours and on weekends.
- Customers who do not want to wait in the building.
- Customers who use permit-runners.
The drop-off process:
- Please observe the posted sign on the drop-off container and scan the QR code for the latest information.
- Only *eligible applications can be dropped-off at any time.
- Customers must label all packages clearly for the relevant department. Please label package(s), exactly as the name of the department, agency or branch appears on the list provided here.
- Customers must include a name and working phone number on the front of the package(s).
- The drop-off container is a large, blue metal, weather-resistant mailbox located outdoors, next to the entrance doors of the plaza entrance of the Development Services Building.
- Retrieval times are 7:45 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. Monday through Friday (except on holidays).
- For safety reasons, this equipment is cleaned frequently.
How does the review process work?
- Project submissions and permit applications are collected at 7:45 a.m. and 3:45 p.m. Monday through Friday (except on holidays).
- All items are then placed on mail racks for each department, agency or branch to collect and process.
What happens if I do not hear from the County?
Generally, customers will be contacted within three to four days. Please contact the department directly for any follow-up regarding a drop-off package.
How do I know my documents are not lost?
- Each time documents are retrieved, the Early Assistance Desk (EAD) staff maintains a record log for internal control purposes, notating the intended department, time/date of package receipt, number of packages, whether payment is included, etc. and submits it to the respective agency for processing.
- Please call 703-792-3091 if you have not been contacted within 10 business days.
For any follow-up questions, please contact the Department of Development Services EAD at EAD@pwcgov.org or 703-792-3091.