Provided by Prince William Chamber of Commerce
Governor Ralph Northam announced new actions to support the Commonwealth’s COVID-19 vaccine distribution program and accelerate the pace of vaccinations across Virginia.
Governor Northam is taking the following steps to help providers increase the rate of vaccinations as quickly, safely, and equitably as possible:
- Vaccination goal. Governor Northam set an initial goal of vaccinating 25,000 Virginians each day when supply allows.
- ‘Use it or lose it’ model. Medical facilities will be required to put the vaccine they receive into arms as soon as possible, or risk having future vaccine allotments reduced.
- Danny T.K. Avula to lead vaccination efforts in Virginia. Governor Northam appointed Dr. Avula, who serves as director of the Richmond City and Henrico County Health Departments to coordinate work between state officials, local health departments, hospitals, and private providers.
- Expanded priority groups. Governor Northam announced that K-12 teachers and child care workers will be among the next priority groups to receive vaccinations after Group A, and outlined the populations that will be included in Groups B and C.
- Elevating the Virginia National Guard. As the Commonwealth receives more doses, the Virginia National Guard will provide logistical support and help local health departments will administering vaccines.
City of Manassas Resources
Prince William County Resources
- SBA – Coronavirus Relief Options
- IRS – Small Business & Self-Employed Tax Center
- Manassas COVID-19 Website
- PWC COVID-19 Resources
- COVID-19 Chamber Resource Page
- SBDC Business Recovery Website
- Virginia COVID-19 Resources
- Virginia Department of Health Business Sector Website
- Members Helping Members
Resources for Workers
- ELEVATE VIRTUAL JOB FAIR
- REV – ReEmploying Virginians Program
- VEC – Lost Wage Assistance
- NVFS – Food Assistance
- Virginia Unemployment Insurance Information
- Virginia Career Works Referral Portal
- Strategic Workforce Dashboard
- Community Feeding Taskforce