Provided by Virginia Department of Transportation
The Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT) will host design public hearings for the public to review and provide comments on the preliminary design plans and findings of the Environmental Assessment (EA) for the Transform 66 Inside the Beltway Eastbound Widening Project.
The project involves adding an eastbound travel lane on I-66 from just east of the Dulles Connector Road (Route 267) to Fairfax Drive/Glebe Road (Exit 71).
Public Hearing Dates and Locations:
All hearing times are from 6:30 until 8:30 p. m., with a brief presentation beginning at 7:00 p. m.
Monday, December 5, 2016
Washington-Lee High School Cafeteria, 1301 N. Stafford Street, Arlington, VA 22201
Thursday, December 8, 2016
Mary Ellen Henderson Middle School Cafetorium, 7130 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22043
Review Public Hearing Materials
Review project information, including preliminary design plans, environmental technical studies, project schedule, and right of way and civil rights information, at Transform66.org
, at the public hearings, or at VDOT’s Northern Virginia District Office, 4975 Alliance Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030. Please call 800-367-7623 or TTY/TDD 711 to ensure appropriate personnel are available to answer your questions.
Comments must be postmarked, emailed or delivered to VDOT by January 30, 2017 to be included in the public hearing record.
How to Provide Your Comments:
At the Public Hearings:
- Engage in discussions with VDOT staff and project representatives
- Provide oral comments following the formal presentation or individually to the court reporter
- Submit written comments on the comment sheet
After the Public Hearings:
- Email your comments or questions to [email protected]
- Submit your comments via the online comment form, available at Transform66.org
- Mail written comments to Ms. Amanda Baxter, Special Projects Development Manager, VDOT Northern Virginia District, 4975 Alliance Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030
Please reference “Transform 66 Inside the Beltway Eastbound Widening Project” in the subject line of all correspondence.