Contributed by Workhouse Arts Center
It’s back to ART school at the Workhouse this September!
September means back-to-school all over the County, at the Workhouse Arts Center it’s back to ARTS school. This fall discover your inner artist by taking that class you have always been meaning to take! The Workhouse proudly presents over 150 classes and workshops ranging from pastels to fiber, theater to Pilates, glassblowing to creative writing, for all ages and artistic abilities. With state of the art facilities and instructors, the Workhouse is the perfect creative environment for learning. Check out our new interactive online catalog with all the Workhouse offerings!
Interested in a class, but not sure which one is right for you? Don’t miss the Workhouse Education Open House on Saturday, September 7 from 12-3pm. This annual event is full of demonstrations, meet-the-instructor opportunities and discounts on class registrations! This is a great opportunity to meet the instructors face-to-face, have all your questions answered and try out classes first hand. The Workhouse instructors are award-winning, highly educated and successful artists with years of experience in their fields.
- Class demonstrations will range from weaving to Chinese brushing painting, stained glass to vinyl toy design, and sword fighting to ballroom dancing!
- Click here for the Open House demonstration schedule.
- The Ceramics Program will be hosting a ceramics “seconds” sale, under the arches in front of Building W-8!
- The Art Supply Store in W-16 will have 25% all art supplies from 12-3 as well! It would be a great time to stock up for your classes!
- Just added: The Glass Art supply sale will also have art supplies on sale from 12-3pm at 20% off!
- As a special bonus, if you decide to register for a fall or winter class that day you will receive a 10% discount! Please note this special discount will only be given to students who register on-site during the Open House on September 7 between 12-3pm.
Debra Yarrington, Director of Education:
“The Workhouse Education Open House is an excellent introduction to the Workhouse Arts Center and its programs. Instructors, staff, artists and current students are in attendance to provide information on registration, scholarships and the vast array of arts education programs.”
“I just took Lynda Ray’s encaustics class and it was excellent. It’s my second class with her and I learned even more. She covers so many techniques in such a brief time. I brought my friend this time, too, and she loved it.”
Parent of a Workhouse Student:
“I just want to note that my daughter attended Screenwriting fundamentals taught by Lonnie, and it was sensational. As a prospective filmmaker, she was always eager to go to class and learn more about screenwriting. I believe it helped her a great deal with a prospective script she wants to submit as a part of her college application process. I believe her career path in life was sealed when she took her first class at the Workhouse (Short Film Class with Joey) and now the screenwriting class has helped her better hone her craft. Please continue to offer exciting courses that like this one which are needed south of Washington, DC.”
For Press Releases
Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. Prince William Living Inc. and it’s staff make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact [email protected]