Provided by Feisty PR
Three hundred fifty-three wines from commercial and amateur winemakers competed in the 27th Annual Mid-Atlantic Southeastern Wine Competition as part of the Carolina Classic Fair in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. The competition began in 1995 to showcase the best winemakers in North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia or West Virginia.
All submissions were evaluated by three-judge panels in categories from classic cabernet sauvignon to sparkling wines, along with specialty categories like fortified wines, ciders and fruit wines.
In less than two years of operation, Effingham Manor Winery, Nokesville, has won more than 100 medals including 50+ gold awards. Now, they can add “Best in Show” in the commercial category for its 2018 Tannat. This multi-award-winning red wine has notes of black currant and cherry that are met with strong, velvet tannins and savory notes of smoke, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice that linger on the palate. This wine also won the award for Best Red Dry Wine.
- Sea Cabin Wine’s Noble 2019, Best Amateur Wine, Danville, Virginia.
- Best Dry White Wine, 2019 Barrel Fermented Chardonnay, Laurel Gray Vineyards, Hamptonville, North Carolina
- Best White Sweet Wine, Flat River White, Rock of Ages Winery & Vineyard, Hurdle Mills, North Carolina
- Best Red Sweet Wine, Sangria, Old Homeplace Vineyard, Winston-Salem, North Carolina.
- Best Dessert and Fruit Wine, Starbound Blueberry Dessert Wine, Childress Vineyards, Lexington, North Carolina.
Total results will be on CarolinaClassicFair.com prior to opening of the Fair. The Carolina Classic Fair is the second-largest attended agricultural Fair in North Carolina and runs from Oct. 1 to 10 at the fairgrounds in Winston-Salem. Advance Sale Discount Tickets are available online through the Fair’s web site. The Advance Sale ends on Thursday, Sept. 29 at 11:59 p.m.