- This event has passed.
Concussion support group
April 24, 2018 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
PRO.Active is a concussion support group designed to help students who are 12 to 18 years of age, with prolonged concussion symptoms, and their parents/guardians.
- The purpose of this group is to facilitate the healing process, both mentally and physically, with like-minded peers under the facilitation of a licensed psychologist.
- Student/Athlete support group meets the second and fourth Tuesday of the month starting Feb. 13 from 6:00 to 7:00 p. m. for six-week intervals.
- Parents/Guardians will meet the third Tuesday of the month starting Feb.20 from 6:00 to 7:00 p. m. for six-week intervals.
- These meetings will be led by Karen Bagley, PhD, MPH, who has an adolescent and family background.
- This support group is the first of its kind in this county, which will provide a safe and welcoming environment for students/athletes and parents/guardians.