- This event has passed.
Journaling for Organization and Creativity
September 15, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$75
Do you struggle to stay organized, but can’t find a planner that works? Do you need one place to write down random thoughts, appointments, or information instead of a ton of little scraps of paper? Even though you have something on your phone/computer/tablet, do you remember things better when you physically write them down? Do you want to keep memories of the year or need a place to express your creativity? Join us for an afternoon of tips, tricks, and ideas in our Journaling for Organization and Creativity workshop. Based on the Bullet Journal ™ system, first created by Ryder Carrol, you’ll learn how to make a custom planner that fits your needs. Whether you just want to keep it minimal or want something elaborately decorated, you’ll discover how to turn any notebook into something that helps you become more productive and organized in the coming year and beyond.
Workshop covers the following:
- Pros and Cons of journaling
- The step-by-step process of setting up your journal
- Information about different styles, uses for your journal
- How to make various pages and layouts for your journal
- How to stay motivated and create positive journaling habits
Each student will receive the following supplies, included in the price of the workshop:
- 1 Sedremm A5 size soft cover notebook
- 1 Pencil
- 1 Eraser
- 1 Small, clear ruler
- 5 Le Pen pens (1 black, 4 colored)
- 1 Roll of Washi tape
- 1 Pouch to store supplies
- Along with a few other surprises!
Other good things to note:
- No prior experience is needed and all materials are provided. You are welcome to also bring favorite pens, supplies, or your own journal/planner.
- This workshop is designed for participants ages 14 and up.
- This class is limited to 8 participants in order to maintain a small group atmosphere. A minimum of 4 people must register for the class to proceed. We will contact participants if it looks like the minimum is not being met and full refunds will be provided if it is cancelled.
- The workshop will take place in Hitchcock Paper Co.’s waterfront studio in historic Occoquan, Virginia. Water, tea, coffee, and soda will be served.