Provided by Project Mend-A-House
|Registration is now open for this free Chronic Disease Self Management Program at St. Thomas United Methodist Church in Manassas.
If you have a condition such as diabetes, arthritis, high blood pressure, heart disease, chronic pain, anxiety, obesity, depression, pain or other chronic condition, the Live Well, Virginia Workshop series can help you take charge of your life. This Chronic Disease Self Management Program is a workshop series given two and a half hours, once a week.
The next class begins at St. Thomas United Methodist Church in Manassas July 18-Aug 22, from 10:00 a. m. -12:30 p. m.
This program is for you if:
- You are an adult with an ongoing health condition
- You want to live the best life possible, in spite of your condition
- You would like to gain a sense of control when dealing with issues caused by your condition.
- You are a caregiver for a person with a chronic condition
At the workshops, you will get the support you need, find practical ways to deal with pain and fatigue, discover better nutrition and exercise choices, understand new treatment choices, and learn better ways to talk with your doctor and family about your health.
Specifically, we will discuss:
- Managing symptoms
- Medication “how-to”
- Working with your healthcare team
- Setting weekly goals
- Effective problem-solving
- How to relax & handle difficult emotions
- Tips for eating well and increasing activity
Classes are highly participative, where mutual support and success build the participants’ confidence in their ability to manage their health and maintain active and fulfilling lives.
This program is completely FREE! But space is limited.
For more information and to register, please contact Martha at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 571-264-8559.