Provided by City of Manassas
On Friday, March 12, 2021 at 7:46 a.m., City of Manassas Fire and Rescue units, along with units from Manassas Park and Prince William County, rescued one male standing outside a second story window on an awning at 9229 Byrd Drive. Units quickly extinguished the fire. One female resident was transported to NOVANT UVA Prince William Medical Center with minor burn injuries she received as she was trying to extinguish the fire with buckets of water.
While on premises, 24 Yorkies were located within the residence and seized by Manassas City Animal Control Officers pending further investigation.
The Fire Marshal said the cause of the fire originated from an electrical outlet covered by bedding materials placed up against an exposed or damaged plug of a window air conditioning unit. Damage to the house is estimated at $2,000.