Herring Lane Fire Incident

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Provided by Prince William Fire & Rescue

DFR's 50th Anniversary Logo

On Tuesday, March 8th, at approximately 10:30 a. m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to a structure fire in a single-family home located in the 13400 block of Herring Lane in Nokesville.

Upon arrival, firefighters were informed everyone was safely out of the home. Fire and rescue units made entry, locating the fire in a second floor bathroom. PWL Firefighters proceeded to suppress and extinguish the fire while searching for further extension; no further extension was found.

No injuries reported.

Red Cross was on scene to assist two adults and three children displaced by the fire.

According to the Fire Marshal’s Office, preliminary damages are estimated at $10,000.

A Building Official has posted the home unsafe.

The fire originated in the attic above the bathroom; the cause has been determined accidental.

Prince William County Fire and Rescue Chief Kevin McGee would like to remind residents that smoke alarms save lives (pwcgov.org/SmokeAlarms). You double your chances of surviving a fire when you install working smoke alarms in your home.


  • Install smoke detectors on every level within the home including the basement.
  • Test smoke detectors monthly and replace batteries as needed.
  • NEVER remove the battery for use in other appliances.
  • Change batteries when you change clocks (spring and fall).
  • Replace smoke detectors every 10 years.

Proper maintenance of smoke detectors can cut the chances of dying in a house fire significantly.


Leave A Reply