By Amy Taylor
Sponsored by Town of Occoquan
The Town of Occoquan is known for its family-friendly events held throughout the year, and the winter holiday season is no different. Check out these fun upcoming events and put them on your calendar, because you won’t want to miss these!
WinterFest in Occoquan
On Dec. 8 from 4:00 to 7:00 p. m., the town will hold their annual WinterFest Event. This family-friendly event has something for everyone to enjoy!
Enjoy roasting marshmallows around fire pits while you listen to the talented Dunbar Saxophone Quartet at Town Hall. Sing along with the Woodbridge Community Choir as they perform classic holiday carols. Sample complimentary hot chocolate and share your wish list with Santa Claus!
If you’re looking for unique holiday gifts, you’re welcome to browse the towns offering of shops, boutiques, galleries, restaurants and cafes. Many businesses will be open with extended hours so that visitors can complete their shopping.
What should be on your WinterFest checklist?
- Visit Santa!
- Warm yourself and toast marshmallows over a fire pit.
- Enjoy Dunbar Saxophone Quartet’s performance at Town Hall.
- Sing along with holiday carols with the Woodbridge Community Choir.
- Find your favorite children’s activities.
- Enjoy gourmet s’more fixings and caramel apples at The Pretentious Gourmet.
- Try some roasted chestnuts at Gift & Gather.
- Warm up with some hot chocolate at Tastefully Yours.
- View some amazing works at the Art Open House at The Artists’ Undertaking Gallery.
- Taste delicious holiday beers at the Cock and Bowl.
WinterFest Events are All Day in the Lorton-Occoquan-Lake Ridge Region
You’ll round out your day with the WinterFest activities at Occoquan, but before and after the Occoquan festivities you can participate in so many other fun activities in the region!
The day will begin with Santa’s Lake Ridge Parade on Harbor Drive in Lake Ridge at 11:00 a. m. After the parade, swing by Tackett’s Mill for a holiday arts market that will last until 2:00 p. m.
After the festivities in Occoquan from 4:00 to 7:00 p. m., make your way to the Workhouse Arts Center’s Second Saturday Art Walk from 6:00 to 9:00 p. m. Finish the day off with an amazing fireworks display that starts around 8:00 p. m., courtesy of the Prince William Marina. You can view fireworks from the Town of Occoquan, Occoquan Regional Park and Hoffmaster’s Marina.
This event in Occoquan is free and open to the public. For more information, visit occoquanva.gov or contact Julie Little, events and community development director, at (703) 491-2168 or email@example.com.