Provided by Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT)
As weather conditions allow, crews will continue corridor-wide roadway maintenance and address issues as needed, with daily multi-lane closures during daytime and overnight hours on I-66 East and West. Additional activities include:
- Constructing bridge foundations at I-495, Route 28, and Route 234 Business interchanges and the Bull Run Drive overpass
- Constructing retaining walls along I-66
- Clearing trees and brush, grading, and drainage installation at the Route 28, Route 123, Route 50, and I-495 interchanges, and other work zone locations along the corridor
- Paving in the median at the Route 123 interchange
- Clearing trees and brush at the future Manassas Park and Ride Lot near Balls Ford Road
- Grading and drainage installation at the future University Boulevard Park and Ride Lot
- Grading and excavating for the new E.C. Lawrence Park access road
- Relocating underground and overhead utilities along I-66 and Route 28
Upcoming Lane Closures and Traffic Changes
The following planned lane closures are expected to have significant traffic impacts. All work is subject to change based on weather and schedule. Find the latest information on travel conditions and work zones by visiting 511virginia.org or downloading the Virginia511 app.
ROUTE 29 / GAINESVILLE No significant traffic impacts scheduled.
ROUTE 234 BUSINESS (SUDLEY ROAD) / MANASSASNo significant traffic impacts scheduled.
ROUTE 28 (SULLY ROAD) / CENTREVILLE
Route 28 North and South at E.C. Lawrence Park
- Monday, March 25: 9:00 p. m. – 1:00 a. m.Temporary outage of the traffic signal at Route 28 North and South at E.C. Lawrence Park for power relocation. The left turn lane from Route 28 North into E.C. Lawrence Park and the left turn lane from E.C. Lawrence Park to Route 28 North will be temporarily closed. Right turns into and out of E.C. Lawrence Park will remain open.
Route 28 North from I-66 to Westfields Boulevard
- Thursday, March 28: 9:00 p. m. – 5:00 a. m.Two lanes closed to implement long-term lane shifts for construction. Drivers should expect occasional 20-minute stoppages along northbound Route 28 between 12:00 midnight and 4:00 a. m.
ROUTE 286 (FAIRFAX COUNTY PARKWAY) No significant traffic impacts scheduled.
ROUTE 50 / FAIRFAX
Ramp from Route 50 West to I-66 West
- Sunday, March 24: 12:00 Midnight to 4:00 a. m.; Monday, March 25: 12:00 Midnight to 4:00 a. m. Temporary closure of the ramp. Traffic will be detoured farther west to Route 608 (West Ox Road) South, then directed to stay to the right for Route 50 East, then follow signs to I-66 West.
ROUTE 123 (CHAIN BRIDGE ROAD) / OAKTON – CITY OF FAIRFAX
Route 123 North and South from White Granite Drive to Eaton Place
- Tuesday, March 26: 9:00 p. m. to 5:00 a. m. One lane closed on northbound and southbound Route 123. Drivers should expect occasional 20-minute stoppages between 12:00 midnight and 4:00 a. m. to install traffic signals.
Ramp from Route 123 South to I-66 West
- Friday, March 29: 12:00 Midnight to 4:00 a. m.Temporary closure of the ramp to implement long-term lane shift on the ramp. Traffic will be detoured farther south to the ramp for I-66 East, stay to the right for Route 123 North, and then follow signs to I-66 West.
ROUTE 243 (NUTLEY STREET) / VIENNANo significant traffic impacts scheduled.
I-495 (CAPITAL BELTWAY) No significant traffic impacts scheduled.
VDOT and the project team have invested in a broad range of programs to help commuters and others stay mobile and safe during construction. Learn more about carpool, vanpool, telework, and commuter busalternatives.