Provided by IKEA
IKEA’s ambition is to be climate positive by 2030. It takes the effort of their 18,594 co-workers in the U.S. to make this goal a reality.
In celebration of Earth Day, IKEA Woodbridge shares its impact towards reducing the IKEA climate footprint and making a positive impact within the community:
- 2100 panel system
- 504kW capacity of system
- 491,075kWh produced in FY20
- 3 charging stations
- 285 hours spent charging vehicles
- 1044kWh of energy provided
- 511 tons diverted
- 42% of total
Additional sustainable features
- How you can save energy and water at home – IKEA
- people-and-planet-positive-ikea-sustainability-strategy-august-2020.pdf (azureedge.net)
IKEA Woodbridge held an Earth Day Event on April 10 at the store. The first 100 students that stopped by the table received a plant pot to decorate and a flower to plant. The Keep Prince William Beautiful team was on site to educate the community with “Sustainability Jeopardy” for a chance to win prizes.